Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2007 Burgman 400. I'm having a great time riding it. It now has 12,000 miles. I know it will soon be time to change the CVT belt. I have been shopping around and decided to buy a kevlar belt. I placed the order on ScooterPartsPlace.com and regretted it. I'm concerned that I will not get my money or belt back. It turns out they have an F rating from BBB and their 866 phone number is out of service. The facts are they have not replied to my request for an order status nor have they answered their phones. Even their fax number does not answer. They have about 24 unresolved complaints from BBB and it seems like they are not going to honor the purchase. I will keep this post updated as things develop.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
The stock belt is a "Kevlar" belt (well maybe not actually Kevlar as that is a Dupont tradename, it does nonetheless have an aramid fibre backbone), as it's about the only material the backbone of a CVT belt could be made of that could do the job. It is also what wears the groove in the pulley faces as Kevlar is quite resistant to abrasion--aluminum is much less resistant...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Your belt and rollers will last 20k miles, no problem. I've ridden mine about as hard as someone can, and at 18k my last belt looked practically new.

Sorry about the vendor. Perhaps this will soften the blow a bit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you paid with a credit card, call the credit card company up and dispute the charges. . . Explain the situation to them and they should be able to take care of the charges from their end. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
YUP contact your credit card co. , they will deduct it from their next payment .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Good news. The credit card purchase did not go through. Thanks for the advice guys.
Man, you've just gotta watch out for yourself at all times. Very glad to hear that your transaction didn't go through. I only use vendors that have been talked about on this forum. So far, no problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts