Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 8th annual ‘Scootercade’ of California. Every year I try to find some roads and places I’ve never done before. I seek out state highways and country roads and avoid Interstates if at all possible. (Out of the 2100 planned miles, less that 150 will be on Interstates). The 650 absolutely shines on these trips. Basically, the trip is a big, counterclockwise loop of California/Nevada: Day 1 is my longest ride – 330 miles. Most days are in the mid 200’s, with two day under 200.

• Northbound from home in So. Cal, skirting the western foothills of the Sierra Nevada to Mariposa on the south end of Hwy 49.
• Into Yosemite and through the Park, west to east, on Tioga Pass. Up the Eastern Sierra, then west again on Monitor Pass. North to Lake Tahoe and down into Reno. (Where we’ll spend a few days with family).
• North on Hwy 89 from Truckee to McCloud at the base of Mt. Shasta
• West southwest on Hwys 3 & 299 through the Shasta and Trinity forests. Hit the Pacific Ocean at Arcata/Eureka and head south to small town of Ferndale.
• Mattole Road/Lost Coast. Humboldt Redwoods. Avenue of the Giant. Hwy 1 from Legget to Mendocino.
• Hwy 1 south. Pt. Arena Lighthouse, then south to Sonoma Co. mountains above Ft. Ross and down to Russian River area. Various Sonoma backroads (Bohemian Hwy, Coleman Valley, Chileno Valley, to friends in Petaluma for two nights.
• Pt Reyes area, Marin Headlands, across the Golden Gate, circle around San Francisco, Santa Cruz Mts, (lunch at Alice’s Restaurant), Big Basin Redwoods, Santa Cruz, Monterrey/Pacific Grove
• Carmel Valley Rd, southeast to Hwy 101. Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd westbound to the lower end of the Big Sur coast. Southbound on Hwy 1 along the Central Coast to Cayucos.
• Homeward bound via Paso Robles, Hwys 229 (Rossi’s Driveway), 58, 33. Late lunch at Deer Lodge in Ojai, then the PCH from Ventura to MdR.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sounds like a fun ride! Enjoy

Greg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts