Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Scootercade 2005

The Scootercade at Eureka Springs in the beautiful Ozark Hills of Northwest Arkansas, exceeded my anticipations by a long shot and was a wonderful gathering of mighty good people from our good ol' USA and Canada with a common interest of scooter riding, admiring the variety of scooters displayed and riding in the area and telling and listening to scooter related stories and ideas. There were a good number of Burgman 650's and 400's represented. I guess 30 to 40 but I suspect another BurgmanUSA member could tell the real number. It was a special pleasure to meet members of BurgmanUSA, somebody help me here but I can remember Pauljo and his wife, Bill Meek, Doug Collins and Margaret, Ruthie (Scoot'n Ruthie aka Ruth Ann) and her very skilled Gold Wing rider husband Lomax, Roy_ryall, gunrun69 (I recognized Jeff cause he was wearing his sunglasses). I know there were other members and can remember faces I just can't fit with a name so please forgive me if you can. I'll welcome the reprimand for my pea brain memory and especially your thoughts about the scootercade experience. It was all fun having breakfast at the Smokehouse, lunch at the Wonderlust RV park, dinner at the Buffet place, dinner at the Italin restaurant where the garlic bread was the subject of many laughs, breakfast at the War Eagle Grist Mill..........you know, seems like scooter riders like to get together at the table a lot. Each evening was special too with lots of scooter riders gathered together in conversation at the Scootercade headquarters. Any person looking for a chug-a-lug party and foul jokes would be entirely disappointed with the great bunch of real people there enjoying the good fellowship. It was really fun to ride around on the curvy roads in the area, in groups or alone and seeing other scooter riders waving to one another. I was amazed that some of the scooter riders could wave at me while manuvering through the sharp curves and switchbacks! I haven't achieved that skill level yet.
I think it rained Sunday through Wednesday but each day only a short time and the temperatures were really nice. I had to return home Thursday riding through mostly clear skies and mid 90's but the 360 miles rolled by quite stressfree. It was all good and I'll try to post pics somewhere if I can figure out how to do it. More later and hope all arrive home safely and with a smile on their faces and that good feeling in their heart like me. Neal :)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Thanks for the followup. Sounds like you did indeed enjoy yourself. Hopefully I will be able to experience it myself in the near future.

·
Registered
270 Posts
:D We are glad to hear that you made it back ok Eltee. We had a blast also. Being low on funds this year, we were riding back and forth from the house to the cade. But each ride was great . I'm glad i got a wife that loves scootering as much as i do. Anyway i've allready posted up on the event. We were just glad to hear from you. 8) :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Scootercade in Ark.

Hi all, we made it home safe and sound. Was almost 100 degrees so was wishing we were back in Ark. We really had a great time and met alot of great people. We hope to see all of you again next year. And this time we'll order enough garlic bread for all!! :lol:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Compared to last year:

- Attendance was down a bit.
- The ratio of Burgmans to Silverwings was way up!
- The number of BurgmanUSA members (and lurkers) there was also up.
- Eureka Springs is noticably starting to suffer from the increase in gasoline prices. Traffic on Rt 62 was much lighter than last year and we saw very few customers in the shops downtown. Attendance at the Pine Mountain Jamboree show we went to on Thursday night was also minimal. I hope they weather this. It is a beautiful place, and many of the local merchants are very friendly and accomodating.

Trudy and I really enjoyed visiting with many of the folks attending. That was easily the best part. We got a few good rides in - and we ate really well. :wink:

We left Friday morning before the awards banquet due to weather concerns. If any members did attend the final banquet, and if attendance statistics were given, I'd be interested in seeing that posted.

·
Registered
270 Posts
pauljo said:
If any members did attend the final banquet, and if attendance statistics were given, I'd be interested in seeing that posted.
Margaret said there was 100 people attended the banqet. You missed a good meal. We are glad you made it back ok, & had a good time. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts