Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Administrator
18,251 Posts
Looking for roads where 45 mph is top end.
"Sometimes its not the road but the journey."

I could see riding this from Port Townsend WA down Hy 101 south to Southern California. Never on SuperSlab.

· Administrator
18,251 Posts
Even in Germany with its Autobahn speeds, there is always a side road that goes to the same places, just a wee bit slower. Most are 60km to 70 km posted speeds.

Reactions: Bluestrom13

· Registered
2,662 Posts
"Sometimes its not the road but the journey."

I could see riding this from Port Townsend WA down Hy 101 south to Southern California. Never on SuperSlab.
I've considered taking that route the other direction (and back) with my 150cc Vespa. Did it on my 650 for Amerivespa '17, and honestly the Burgman made it so easy it felt like I was cheating...

· Registered
2007 burgman 400
40 Posts
Maryland has a regulation stating that vehicles must be capable of going five miles above the posted speed limit. Other states may have similar regulation.
Which severely limits the 50ccc class of scooters that by law were limited to 25mph top speed.
I have a Vino, and it is limited to being a beach front cruiser.

· Premium Member
9,802 Posts
Florida has/had one that vehicle must be able to achieve 15 mph below posted speed like if speed was 55 your golf cart hadda be able to run 40 or you couldn't use the road, bicycles weren't included so i guess you could take yer 20 inch husky out on the 75 mph freeway legally (trick riding not recommended)

Reactions: Rusty J

· Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Florida has/had one that vehicle must be able to achieve 15 mph below posted speed like if speed was 55 your golf cart hadda be able to run 40 or you couldn't use the road, bicycles weren't included so i guess you could take yer 20 inch husky out on the 75 mph freeway legally (trick riding not recommended)
Also has a loophole...if you are the Tampa Police Chief driving your unlicensed golf cart on a public road. (illegally) and flash your badge and ask for a break.
‘Let us go’: Tampa police chief placed on leave after bodycam video shows her flashing badge during traffic stop

· Registered
2,662 Posts
I take my 17" Husky out on the freeway on a regular basis.

I do avoid trick riding though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts