Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as luck will have it I got caught in a severe thunder storm with the Burger yesterday. Yes, pounding rain, hail and excessive lighting. There's nothing like setting at a red light with lighting striking all around....had me humming to my self. Riding glasses filled up with rain, hail pinging me off the fore head....crashing the puddles. Well the Burger handled it flawlessly....my first ride in the rain on my Burger and it was not all that bad...exclude the lighting & the hail. Now at 512 miles it may be time for a bath and I mite wash the scooter also. :) .......happy biking all

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Heard you guys have had some interesting weather this year. Kinda miss the seasons a bit but So Cal is nice. :)

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Bully said:
Well as luck will have it I got caught in a severe thunder storm with the Burger yesterday. Yes, pounding rain, hail and excessive lighting. There's nothing like setting at a red light with lighting striking all around....had me humming to my self. Riding glasses filled up with rain, hail pinging me off the fore head....crashing the puddles. Well the Burger handled it flawlessly....my first ride in the rain on my Burger and it was not all that bad...exclude the lighting & the hail. Now at 512 miles it may be time for a bath and I mite wash the scooter also. :) .......happy biking all
Bully, what kind of helmet were you wearing?

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have a new 2012 650... and a few weeks ago havd the same experience .. very pleased with the way it handled flooded roads.. Only issue I had was that I had my 1/2 helmet on.. The hail hurt my cheeks as I drove through it..actually got sort of bruises on my face.. I was dreaming of my Shoei Multi tec in summer storage in the back of my car..

·
Registered
463 Posts
well thats good to hear that the 650 makes a good sub,

Have you taken it off road yet, they make great offroad bikes too, took mine off road two up, a few times, rode Great.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I think I would be afraid I would dump it off road.. I freak out on gravel parking lots.. !

·
Registered
463 Posts
The burgman 650 is surprisingly good on gravel or rock or dirt roads.

I have also gone up and down some pretty steep gravel dirt roads with a passenger No problem.

The Burgman is nice and stable better than most other bikes i have tried that with. You just have to be light on the brakes and give your self more room to stop, and not go to fast.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Yup ditto to that - stay out of sand or mud but gravel and dirt are fine. Low CofG and the CVT is tractable.
I ride dirt and gravel fairly often - first it's good practice for unexpected adventures in construction zones or grass/gravel shoulders and leads to some interesting places.
Rear brake use is a must with a light hand on both tho the engine braking works pretty well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GeeGusKahn said:
Bully said:
Bully, what kind of helmet were you wearing?
A half helmet....you know 5% chance of storms :?:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts