Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
308 Posts
As some of you might know, I went from a Suzuki GSXR to the Burgman 650. (Still own the GSXR, pretending to sell it :D ).

When my friends heard that I got a Burgman, most of them didn't know what it was. I showed them the bike, and to my friends on the net, I showed them pics etc.

Half of them thought it was a great bike, while the others thought (and some expressly said) "I wouldn't be caught dead on a scooter."

Many of these guys are a young crowd too, really into sportbikes etc. Some of the older guys wouldn't even think about it because it is labeled as a 'scooter.'

You know what gang? I DON'T CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK ANYMORE.

My pleasure is out of owning and riding this bike. The abundance of power, the automatic transmission, the plentiful storage space, the well designed look, plentiful lighting, total comfort and all.

I was thinking the other day, that I actually am able to enjoy the ride on two wheels without having to fidget with changing gears, and my feet are free to move around, change position etc. I have more of that 'free' feeling of riding on two wheels actually.

The 'image' is important to many people, I can understand. It used to be important to me too.

As long as I am happy inside, I don't bother anyone, I have learned, THAT is what is important.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.