Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
The one US publication that I've seen is "http://www.thescootclub.com", online mag only. This used to be Scoot! Magazine, that originally published quarterly, then went to 6x a year as a physical publication. They are about 30/70 modern/vintage, do road tests of lots of scooters (including the Burgman!).

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hey All,

I am also a member of the Kymco forum and I saw a post by BJ Strauss. What a pleasant surprise that was. Although he is not publishing scooter magazines, he is now writing books relating to motor scooters. Here is a link to his current book:

http://www.amazon.com/SCOOTER-TOURING-a ... er+touring

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
KarlS said:
There was a scooter magazine in the US for a long time, I think it was called "Scoot", but it covered the 250 and under mostly. Very little, if any, of the larger scoots. It was carried by B&N but I have not seen it for over 6 months. It was bi-monthly also. My local B&N have even stopped carrying the UK mags so there are no scooter magazines at all here.
Scoot Magazine was an actual magazine for years and yes mostly for the 250 CC scoots and under

Last year they went to digital print only

They are now called the Scoot Club (?)

Here's there link http://www.thescootclub.com/join-scoot-club

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Daboo said:
Here's some online reading material for you:
Chris
This website is still available and useful, but I regret to report that, Kevin Ash died in motorcycling accident, January 22nd 2013 during a South African press launch event.

·
Registered
42 Posts
A few years ago, we did have a scooter only magazine here in the U.S. It was called Scooter Rider Magazine and its editor was B.J. Strass.

I bought my first copy at B&N in early 2006 and I immediately subscribed. But the last issue I received was the Winter 2006 issue and then they refunded my money saying they were pursuing other interests. But I was able to buy back issues all the way to 2004.

Mr. Strass did a great job and the magazine featured road tests of various scooters, the last one was the 2006 Burgman 400 with an intro to the new 2007.

He also featured cross country rides (his last one on a 2006 Burg 400). Many scooter related products were also reviewed or introduced to the readers.

I sure wish he'd come back with the magazine!
Resurrecting this old post, because, I just found it. I was also bummed about there being no US scooter magazines, so, last year, I decided to publish my own, "The Scooter 'Zine." We've only been around for about 18 months and I'm still learning as I go along, but I think it's pretty darned good. BTW, I have talked and corresponded with B.J. Strauss about his magazine and I have a few issues. Like "Scooter Rider" "The Scooter 'Zine" is aimed at the active rider. So, article tend to favor maxi-scooters.

Each issue features a rider, a club, a local shop and an awesome road to ride. Then there are features, reviews, editorials, etc. There are no advertisements, so every page is filled with great scooter content. (I'm not opposed to ads, it's just that I have a full-time job as an ER nurse, a family and I lead our local scooter club, so marketing the magazine to potential advertisers hasn't happened yet.)

The magazine is available in full-color digital or print versions.

The 'zine also has active Facebook and Instagram pages if you want to follow along and see announcements

Thanks for your time.

You can DM me with questions

Howard

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looks like a nice magazine. How about a proper order form?
Glad you like it. I'll be redoing the sample issue on the website soon. Our content has content so much better than it was when we started.

As far as an order form is concerned, I'm not sure what you mean. We accept cash, checks and PayPal. Our mailing address and PayPal account number are on the website thescooterzine .com
I do hope to add a way to pay directly from the website but haven't gotten it done yet. Soon, I hope.

Thanks for the response.
Ride safe, ride often

Howard

21 - 27 of 27 Posts