Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
From the article...

"Because scooters tend to be so lightweight, they are often easier to steal than many motorcycles, so that's a concern too."

Ha! I think we owners of "lardy arse" AN650's have that one covered!
What do you think, NormanB? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Paul

If that were true it would be a great advantage.

However, this side of the pond they will steal anything that is not nailed down and then some!

PS: See that term of endearment is sort of catching on - even with the moderators!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
pauljo said:
..."lardy arse" AN650's...:
On one of my road trips (to Olympic National Park), part of the trip was on the Washington State Ferries. On one passage I took a picture from up on the bridge deck, looking down at the car deck.

Motorcycles get to park at the bow (actually the "forward end" since they are double ended ferries, and either end is the "bow" depending on which direction they're going...but I digress). Looking at the bikes in the picture one really gets a feel for just how wide the seats on the 650s are. In fact, how big the whole bike is. The Harleys and Goldwings -- and one Ural -- in the picture look like skinny toys by comparison.

The arial view is definitely the best when comparing our Burgmans to "conventionals." 8)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Brian said:
Looking at the bikes in the picture one really gets a feel for just how wide the seats on the 650s are.
Yep, that is one "lardy arse" seat! The re-upholstery job I had done to mine makes it look less fat - but I still wish the rider portion was longer. The back portion is almost long enough for two passengers...

Funny. I was sitting at a traffic light at a very wide intersection yesterday. Across the intersection, a motorcycle was facing me. Looked like a big bike - maybe a BMW sport tourer. He got a green arrow, and turned left, passing in front of me. All of a sudden the big sport tourer turned into a......... Burgman! :shock:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
ajwood said:
I'm sittin' on me lardy arse and drinkin' me Bud... Can't ride right now - curses!
I know what you mean. I woke up early (for me; I work nights) so I could spend my day off riding, and it finally started raining after an unusually long dry spell.

We needed the rain, but there's no way I'm taking my Burgman out on wet roads after a long dry spell.

I guess I'll watch TV all day instead. :(

·
Registered
320 Posts
<<"lardy arse">> :D

Reminds me of a T-shirt saying: "Does this bike make my ass look fast?"

As long as you're referring to the bike and not me! A pleasant change! :lol: :lol:

Cheers to you, NormB,

Bryna<---aka a "big broad" to one of her friends

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Bryna

I would never be so ungracious! :wink:

Regards

·
Registered
120 Posts
Don't mind the seat width as much.....gives room for my "lardy arse" to spread.......just wish it had a little cushion at the tail bone. So many MODS and so little money 8)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Brian said:
ajwood said:
I'm sittin' on me lardy arse and drinkin' me Bud... Can't ride right now - curses!
I know what you mean. I woke up early (for me; I work nights) so I could spend my day off riding, and it finally started raining after an unusually long dry spell.

We needed the rain, but there's no way I'm taking my Burgman out on wet roads after a long dry spell.

I guess I'll watch TV all day instead. :(
It is a BEAUTIFUL day in eastern Nebraska / western Iowa. Sun shining, not a cloud in the sky, light breeze blowing, comfortable riding temperature. Took the V-Strom out for a morning ride.... :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts