Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Since your in Florida a scooter can almost pay for its self in fuel savings. Now if your in Gainesville, Ocala vs Tampa, Miami safety and risk of theft must be calculated.

I always like to see the glass half full...so i’m hoping you are in Gainesville and not Driving I-75 or US19 and the biggest danger will be a unruly sprinkler spraying you or a lazy Armadillo slow to move. Since the details have changed on the B400 I’m thinking just get the Honda 150 for back and forth to school to learn and get comfortable on two wheels. Use you car for the groceries and state touring this year ....by Christmas you will know if you like scooting and will know if you are ready for the next step to something bigger maybe a 250cc dual sport or a B400. You got your whole life in front of you ...don’t rush it....

Arrive Alive to Graduation !

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
About riding in the rain... it's not quite as safe as riding in dry weather, but it's not suicidal either. Good tires make all the difference (I suggest Michelin City Grips, other may have their preferences), just keep in mind you have less traction so don't do anything sudden; and avoid maneuvering, braking, or accelrating on metal plates or painted road markings. And if at all possible, wait 20 minutes from when the rain starts so any oil flushed out of the pavement will be washed off the street. Good rain gear makes it not-unpleasant (I'm not going to say it's enjoyable -- at best, it's a nuisance.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having trouble making a decision on what bike to buy. Trying to decide between a 2016 Honda PCX 150cc with 800 miles for $2300 OR 2008 Suzuki Burgman 400cc with 6000 miles for $1900. Both are garage kept.

Mainly used for within 20 -30 miles trips with 2 people. Might use for a trip within a state a few times. Consider resale after 2-3 years when I move, so I'm also considering the price drop on each after two years.

The Burgman has been well maintained, but for its age, it does have sign of use, like scratches etc. Honda is kind of new.
Any thoughts? Thanks!
If were me the 400 Bergman a way better bike plus lots of storage under seat for groceries. I have a 400 and just bought a 650 also and recommend either for speed reliability and resale. I love both of mine

21 - 23 of 23 Posts