Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have just had two great days scooten in the ozarks.For those of you who don't know where the heck the ozarks are.We are in the n.w. corner of Arkansas.
Well anyway i said we had two great days rideing.Day one:We went over to local honda dealer.The were putting on a poker run for the local boys & girls club.My wife & i both ride burgman's.Her the 400 & me the 650.We were welcomed with open arms. :D I really like that dearlership.But their scoots don't compare with the burgman's.We went on a 120mile ride.Thur some beautiful countryside.I was borned here i've seen this countryside many times.But nothing compares to seeing it for the frist time on burger & burgie.We are very fortunate to live in the ozarks.
Day 2: We started out from the wafle house,after breakfast.We rode up to Rogers(a town just north of us)we caught 62 hi-way straight in into Eureka Springs.By the way this is the same town scootercade will be held in.We were driving pretty slow.And pulling off the road to let traffic go by.Now there are a lot of curves & hills it's very beauitful.One those times my wife pulled over,i think the front wheel was turned slightly.And she tapped her front brake a little to hard.To make a long story short. :shock: She went over.The bike landes on her foot.She has a burised foot,but is ok otherwise. :D
We go on into Eureka Springs and stop at a little store.My wife goes in i stay with the bikes.We get ready to go.I sat down on my burger.Then i go over :lol: i laugh so hard i couldn't hardly pick up my scoot.I had place my side kick stand down.And that was great,however i learned today don't park on unven ground.My left foot was great but my foot was sloped off at least 3 inches.When i sat down & pulled burger up to center.My right foot lost balance.Over i went.My wife laughed & said it looked like i was in slow motion.
Anyway those cars we were letting go by,when my wife went down.At least three people stopped to help.I think that's great.When i went down,a man came running out of the store to help me pick burger back up.I love this state.We hope to see you all in Augest at scootercade.
Doug Collins
Springdale,Arkansas

·
Registered
48 Posts
hi doug and your wife ( you did not post her name ) i will see you at the rally as i am going to ride down there from edmonton alberta canada . if anyone else is going i will be leaving aug 1 and will be going pretty much straight south starting in north dakota and welcome anyone who would like to ride along

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:oops: Sorry Doug my wife's name is margaret. She's wonderful woman. Much better than i deserve. We do allmost everthing togather. I like football she likes football, i like basketball she likes basketball. When i got into scooters she got into scooters. Well you get the idea. :D She makes me very happy.
How many miles is it from where you are in Canada down here?
I'm thinking my bo bo would get sore. HA! HA! HA! Well i hope to see you in Augest. Have a happy safe ride.
Doug Collins
Springdale,Arkansas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts