Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, I am Chuck from Richland Washington. My wife and I haver a matched set of Aprillia Scarabeo 150s. We have about 6000 miles on them so far. Our longest road trip has been 1300 miles in 15 days.

I think that when we outgrow the Scarabeos, we will move to Suzuki.

Scoot on!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there you 'prilia guys. I also have one of those, except mine is the 500 Scarabeo with matching detach bags. I just bought a 650 Burgman, and am WAY PAST ecstatic ! I also own a Honda Helix (which I dearly love) but the 'beo is a little scary for me because of the terrible dealers around the Carlisle, PA area ! I had to order a rear tire out of the Carolinas (which cost $200) and all other problems ARE MINE ! Needless to say, I'm going to be selling it soon. The Burgman, WOW ! I had no idea ! It truly is in a class all its own ! Instant response ! And idles and cruising speeds ! I can't stay off of it !

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I owned a Scarabeo 150 before my 400. With the 400, I get better fuel economy (honest!) on regular instead of premium gas, carry _tons_ more stuff, feel a lot safer, can get parts faster (though the service still isn't perfect), don't have to route my trips to avoid the interstate anymore, and, best of all, can check the oil without removing any plastic. (I'm told on some 150's this is not necessary. On mine, however, it was. It took a good five minutes.)

The 150 was a great bike to learn on; don't get me wrong. And I hope you're happy on yours for a good long time to come. But, when the time comes to go with a Burgman, I predict the experience will, after a day or two's worth of adaptation, be one of unmitigated joy. The only time I miss my 150 is in parking lots, and then not very much.

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Chuck and wife: Welcome to BUSA. As the others mentioned, you'll be in for a very pleasant surprise when you first ride whichever Burgman you get.

As a bonus, there is a ton of FREE information and loads of advice from the users of this wonderful gathering place for Burgman owners and lurkers alike.

Have fun and be safe. May the Burgman Grin soon adorn your features.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I LOVED my 150 Scarab! I got the panniers and the trunk (took 3 months to get them from Italy). I rode it to the beach (99 mi) and back with my son on board. Only a Bergman 650 could replace it.
I did have a couple of problems that it took Scarabeo USA a long time to correct. I had to threaten them with the 'lemon' law to finally fix it. My bike had an intermittenent cut out. Unexpectantly it would quit. They checked the gas line, even rerouting it, but to no avail. Finally I suggested that if it wasn't the fuel, it might be electrical. They finally located a loose wire coming off the distributor. We were all very happy. I figure it vibrated loose enough to cause the intermitent cut off. The other problem was that the temp gauge didn't work. They replaced a thermostat and that was that.
Well best of rides and just don't ride a 'Burgie' till you are ready to make the switch. Once you ride it you won't be happy with the Scarabeo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts