Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My back rest is gone,it's in a bag in the garage.My seat is wonderful now,I added a wallyworld inflating hunting seat for $10 leave most of the air out and my butt thx me every mile.When I park I unsnap the strap and put the hunting seat in the trunk,if it's rained I am high and dry all the way home.
lizzzard

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I have looked and looked in the local wallyworld for those cushions and can't find them. what area are they around.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hunting dep't black on one side camo on other.Look them up on the Wally web site,maybe there.I will look for a label on mine.Won't be home for a week.Man I miss that scooter.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Okay, this is probably a dumb question, but I thought Wally World only existed in a National Lampoon Movie. (And it was an amusement park, not a store.)

So what's this Wallyworld and Wally Web site everyone's talking about?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know if I didn't ask the same question I would laugh at you.Wallyworld is Wal-Mart(satan's store)

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Ah, of course.

Well, they're pretty new to my neck of the woods, and I also refuse to shop there, so I hadn't heard that nickname.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I've heard Wal-Mart called all manner of nicknames but "satan's store"? What's that about? That's a new one on me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
http://www.io.com/~jungle/RV/

Hi MrLizzard, you may want to look at this website from jacs. he has a backrest that will attach to the original support bracket for the scooter, and I have to tell you it works great. gives you more leg room and good back support.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I never heard of wal-mart being called wallyworld. thanks for the info. I'll go check it out, see if they have the seat cushion in yet.
why is it called Satans store? whats wrong with walmart...outside of the way they treat there employees?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
The accident that took out my 650 was in a Wal-mart parking lot. I don't mind shopping there, but my wife refuses.

They use scare tactics to force manufacturers to lower their wholesale prices, forcing many to move manufacturing to China or go out of business altogether. That's what gives them the "satan's store" nickname.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
4DThinker said:
...They use scare tactics to force manufacturers to lower their wholesale prices, forcing many to move manufacturing to China or go out of business altogether. That's what gives them the "satan's store" nickname.
Yep.

In addition to forcing wholesalers to keep prices unrealistically low, they also pay very low wages, keep employees part-time to avoid paying benefits, etc. All of which allows them to set such low prices that they quickly put any competition -- often small, family run businesses -- out of business.

There is nothing wrong with growth and profit -- in fact all corporations have a fiduciary responsibility to their sharholders to do so -- but Wal-Mart's methods are nothing short of cut-throat.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I agree with the fact that what Walmart does is wrong as far as the employees are concerned. But, we all shop there BECAUSE of the low prices, so I guess we all are guilty of perpetuating there practices.
I'm not crazy about shopping at Target, as they are a French owned company, and with the way the French feel about USA and put us down, refuse to help us in war times, I don't like supporting them by buying there, but I have to admit, they do have things that I con't find in other discount stores around here.
I guess its like a "catch 22" situation.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
4DThinker said:
The accident that took out my 650 was in a Wal-mart parking lot. I don't mind shopping there, but my wife refuses.

They use scare tactics to force manufacturers to lower their wholesale prices, forcing many to move manufacturing to China or go out of business altogether. That's what gives them the "satan's store" nickname.
I have to disagree. It's not "scare tactics" it's buying power and market share that give them dominance.

The strength of a free-market or capitalist economy is that efficiencies of size, strength of marketing, and public choice lead to economic success. The soft under-belly of the system is that economic success pushes you to the top of the power structure where it becomes easy to control both price and market share. See Microsoft. :)

Competition among equals is good for the consumer. Competitive success eventually kills off the competition and is no longer good for the consumer. I doubt that we will ever solve that paradox.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
wilder days said:
...I'm not crazy about shopping at Target, as they are a French owned company...
That must come as quite a surprise to the people at the Corporate Headquarters in Minneapolis!

Target was formerly known as Dayton Hudson, and was founded in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1902, by George Dayton.

Originally known as the Dayton Dry Goods Company, it became the Dayton Company in 1910.

In 1962, the Dayton Company opened its first Target discount store in Roseville, Minnesota.

In 1969, the Dayton Company merged with the J.L. Hudson company.

In 1978, the company acquired Mervyn's, and in 1990 it acquired Marshall Field's.

Dayton Hudson Corporation changed its name to Target Corporation in 2000.

In 2001, Target Corporation announced that its Dayton's and Hudson's stores would operate under the Marshall Field's brand.

On June 9, 2004, Target Corporation announced its sale of the Marshall Field's chain and several Mervyn's stores to St. Louis, Missouri-based May Department Stores Company, which became effective July 31, 2004.

On July 21, 2004, it announced the sale of Mervyn's to an investment consortium including Sun Capital Partners, Inc., Cerberus Capital Management, L.P., Lubert-Adler/ Klaff and Partners, L.P., which was finalized September 2.

Today, Target Corporation operates its retail division under the banner of 'Target'. The company owns several other subsidaries, which include:

Target Financial Services (TFS), which issues the Target Visa and Target Guest Cards, issued through Target National Bank.

Target Sourcing Services / Associated Merchandising Corporation (TSS/AMC), which locates merchandise from around the globe for Target and helps import the merchandise to the United States.

Target Commercial Interiors, which provides design-services and furniture for office space.

Target Brands, which owns and oversees the company's private label products.

Target.com, which owns and oversees the company's e-commerce initiatives.

Nowhere do I see any mention of French ownership. Where did you get that bit of information?

Also, not long ago there were rumors going around that Target refused to give Reservists and National Guardsmen time off, didn't support the Viet Nam Memorial, etc. It was all shown to be anti-Target propaganda, and untrue. (Started by the WalMart PsyOps Division? Hmm.)

·
Registered
611 Posts
So you're saying that Minneapolis isn't French? :)

Yeah - the not time off for reservists bit was from an email propogated byt someone wanting to bash Target. It (and several other email scams) have been targeted (sorry, I couldn't help it) at several different businesses that anyone had a beef with...

I like Wal-Mart for the prices and selections, while at the same time think they should treat their employees better - and would prefer they didn't do so much outsourcing. Is that the definition of a canundrum?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Robert said:
So you're saying that Minneapolis isn't French? :)
Yes.

I think it's Norweigan or Swedish. :lol:

·
Registered
553 Posts
wilder days said:
I never heard of wal-mart being called wallyworld. thanks for the info. I'll go check it out, see if they have the seat cushion in yet.
why is it called Satans store? whats wrong with walmart...outside of the way they treat there employees?
It's was nicknamed Wally World because of the owners name who started it all (Sam Walton) who is now deceased. :wink:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts