Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a trip today. I like to ride, so it was just another excuse to take in a beautiful 87 degree day and see some bikes. To make a long story short, I visited a new 2022 Kymco AK 550 at a dealership. I sat on it, and checked out the bits and pieces .. It was reasonably higher perch than my AN 400. Overall, the bike felt very similar in size and proportions.. my reach to the bars felt like I was leaning a bit more than my Burgman. I started it up (on center stand), and it sounded great . Hats off to Kymco for the 270 degree crank. It was glorious.

I didn’t take it for a ride. Meh, I wasn’t feeling it at the time. I will in the future . I just sensed the small shop and lack of employees on a Thursday . At any rate, I really wished the bars were about two inches higher .. the bike feels very much like my old Ducati Multistrada, as far as angles with my arms/butt/legs.. which is fine.. I think the Kymco is closer to a sport standard than a cruiser. Or closer than a cruiser standard. Anyway.. I just wanted to share. Suzuki, if you’re listening, please release a larger twin to the American market. I’m not in the market right now. But maybe in the future.

·
Registered
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
4,602 Posts
Reading the title I was interested to find out if you might have seen me riding to a camping event (1374 total miles riden on my AK 550), or someone else on the road on one.
That's what I usually think of when seeing a bike "in the wild" but this was in a dealership and not on the road being ridden?
I agree that the seat is a bit taller but I find it more than the equal in performance compared with the Burgman 650. Take it for a test ride. You'll be impressed I think. I was. 😁

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reading the title I was interested to find out if you might have seen me riding to a camping event (1374 total miles riden on my AK 550), or someone else on the road on one.
That's what I usually think of when seeing a bike "in the wild" but this was in a dealership and not on the road being ridden?
I agree that the seat is a bit taller but I find it more than the equal in performance compared with the Burgman 650. Take it for a test ride. You'll be impressed I think. I was. 😁
Your are so right.. I screwed up the description. I technically saw a ak550 in “captivity” 🤣. It was the all black model. Handsome enough bike. If I was to get an all black color , I’d probably just put a $250 wrap on it.. but I digress.

I know I’m getting old when I’m excited to actually see competing scooters out in the wild. Hope your trip was great. I still want to see pics of the pack job, and what followed . 🤘

1 - 3 of 3 Posts