Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined in Arizona. Its hot here (you can see my now post in nubies) and want a burgman badly. It can be warm out here, but there is nothing like riding in the desert!

david

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi David and welcome to the forum :wave: Hope you get a ride soon!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
The Burgman's liquid cooling works well on the Interstates or State Routes
and mine has not flinched even on 100 degree rides.
Bring along several gallons of water if you plan on riding in the hot
sun because of dehydration.

The Arizona Motorsports Group in Chandler usually has a few Burgy's to
sit on. They even have Helix's and are expecting a shipment of
Yamaha Vino 125's this August.

I hope you've seen the post here on the board about $4,700 400's from
Ohio 'cause I don't expect a deal like that here in Arizona.
Breaking in a new Burgman on a dead-head from OH to AZ doesn't sound healthy.
Would you do that to save at least $2,000?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think i would have it shipped. The myth is that more accidents occur on the bikes first trip than at any other time.

david

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
baggymacaw said:
I think i would have it shipped. The myth is that more accidents occur on the bikes first trip than at any other time.
david
That is probably not a myth. The operator is not fully familiar with the machine yet. Also, tires can be slippery until they get scrubbed in, and a poor setup by the shop can result in slippery coating being left on the brakes, etc. I've never seen statistics on that, but it stands to reason that extra caution is needed for the first few days of riding a new machine.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome.

I would advise the 650. You can cruise effortlessly at 85-90 and the brakes are top notch. I just got back this PM from a 160 mile trip and wasn't in the slightest fatigued. If I had done that distance on a sportbike I'd be ready for a massage, a hot tub, a couple of stiff drinks, and snoresville.

On the other hand, if you're just going to zip around PHX the 400 might be all you'll need. That dealer out on Bell Road has several Burgmans.

Also, in Tucson, both Suzuki dealers have Burgmans in stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts