1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This bike will be ridden in the city. This mean the highest exposure
to cars. Thus, the following things should be fixed on the Burgie to
improve safety:

1) Turn Signals should cancel. I've spotted a number of left turners trying to decide whether to pull in front of me. Finding my turn signal
was flashing the last 8 miles increased my exposure to danger.

2) Turn signal running lights. EVERY OTHER bike has them, why not
the Burgie.

3) Brighter colors. They stuck Gold Wingers with bright yellow, why
not a Burgie that will be shoulder to shoulder with cars. (Even the
lady bug orange with black spots would be safer than the silver)

Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
1-As I am sure you know you can get a beeper or you can install self cancel--
or like me me you can turn them on because you need to and turn them off for the same reason.
2-There is a a kit and I agree they should be on.
3-Looking at the back of a bike You are the biggest part seen ,your jacket and helmet need the color, but again I would like better colors also. :)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
This thread should be moved to the "Feedback for suzuki" forum.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I think most of these issues are already listed in "Feedback for Suzuki". I know the Color, Audible turn signals, and self cancelling turn signal issues are there. What may be missing is the request for running lights.

I'd prefer to keep the format in that area as listing each issue individually rather than combining various issues in one message. Gives it more impact if a Suzuki rep does come onto the site. There is also a slight conversational tone here, which we avoid in that area.

Bill,

Maybe you could add the "Turn Signal Running Lights" suggestion to the Feedback to Suzuki area? Then we'll just keep this thread where it is for discussion purposes. We be covered on both fronts then.

·
Registered
140 Posts
As for running lights,have a look at the Euro Burgers, they have running lights fitted to the triangular space above each headlight reflector. I'm considering fitting them but would require about a 20 mm hole to be drilled in the back of the headlight. BUT hey why do I bother, Australian Burgers are supplied without a headlight switch so headlights are on all the time.
Bazza.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't see the big deal with self-cancelling turn signals. It was my understanding that only a very few motocycles have them (the goldwing is the only one that comes to mind), and I have always assumed having to cancel my signal was par for the course on two wheels.

·
Registered
320 Posts
What seems to work for me re: the turn signals is to punch them off as I begin to make a turn. At that point, any driver/rider who needed to see I was turning will see I'm doing just that. And that way, I don't forget and leave them on.

I also try to make scanning the instrument panel part of my ride anyway. :D

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
pgray007 wrote
very few motocycles have them (the goldwing is the only one that comes to mind)
Add the BMW to your list they self cancel based on time and /or distance

and I have always assumed having to cancel my signal was par for the course on two wheels.
I agree with you :)
But if Suzuki wanted to spoil me Wellllllll

1 - 9 of 9 Posts