Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Saeng Wing-Tip http://www.saeng.com/2117.htm is an adjustable deflector shield that attaches onto your existing windshield. You can adjust it to have wind flow in your face or none at all and everything in between. For simplicity, you might think of it as an adjustable Laminar Lip.

Customer Service: 8. Very helpful & courteous, but the only contact I had was to place the order. The pre-order conversation was informative and friendly. I didn't give a 10 because my first contact was via email which wasn't answered, so I called 2 days later and the person I spoke with (Nancy) remembered me from my email and apologized for not getting back to me yet (she was in the process of gathering information from the other [small number] of Burgman owners for me). I would definitely recommend speaking with Nancy when you call.

Price Paid: [no rating]. $235 (delivered) - or somewhere around that amount. I got the coated shield (thicker and scratch-proof).

Delivery: 10. It was delivered exactly when I was quoted.

Packaging: 10. Packed very well.

Installation: 8. The Wing-Tip attaches via 3M adhesive at 4 contact points on your windshield (2 on front, 2 on back). The adhesive is extremely strong and its not going anywhere once on. For this reason I had my motorcycle mechanic do the installation in that the slightest screw up would result in having to order another mounting kit. Because of this I give it an 8.

Performance: 8. It does its job quite well. However, on the freeway at 95 mph, the wind was strong enough to slightly "re-adjust" the deflector.

Personal Satisfaction: 5.5. The only reason for the low score (and this is particular to me) is that because of my height (5'10"), the only way to see the road is to look through the deflector. I really don't like this as I get a distorted view of the road and much prefer to look over any shield or add-on. To me, the amount of gain is barely worth this trade-off. My mechanic is 6'3" and for him, this deflector was absolutely perfect! So his rating in this category would obviously be much higher.

Summary: Overall I'm happpy with how it does its job, and very disappointed that I'm forced to look through it instead of over it. Rating for this? 6 (but that's my personal situation).

Recommendations: This is a very well-built unit, easy to install (if you get it right on the money during your first try), and does its job. However, I can't recommend this to anyone under 6'1.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.