Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Kevin, thanks for the photos. They look great. I have ordered the brackets and E21 bags. I also have the candy sanoma red 650 Exec, so the pictures really helped. I will have the bags painted the same color as the bike. Was wondering if the bag mounting height is adjustable? Can they be lowered about two inches, to just above the exhaust, to allow more passenger room?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Use longer screws and add a big spacer?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Might be clearnace issues with longer bolts (getting too close to the bodywork). I'd also be concerned at the forces placed on the handrail mounts becoming greater (more bending).

Also, if you lowered the left side, you'd block the gas door--it just clears the top of the gas door as-is.

Gas Door + Mueller Rack, side view
Gas Door + Mueller Rack, back view

As for the muffler side, it's getting pretty close to the muffler already:

Mueller Rack, right side

The two pegs slip into the slots on the Givi boxes, which means they already hang-down past that spot.

If you look carefully at the rear shot you could probably lower the top part and maybe the bottom, but the degree of rigging might compromise the simplicity and ruggedness of the system.

The setup as-is does not seem to hinder passenger leg placement, and still allows access to the handrails (quite clever that last part--Sebastian Mueller made an arc-shaped cutout).

Really the only passenger problem, mostly with the E41s, is getting onto the biek via any normal "swing leg over technique," but height of the bags don't really change that, it's affected more by the fore-aft placement of the bags. E21s don't go very far forward so less of a problem.

One thing you might want to do:

Modifications to the Givi cases

Instead of using the felt pads Sebastian sent to put on the rack, I bought some 1" felt dots and put them on the cases themselves. I also put a chunk of D-profile rubber gasket near the lock to snug it up and keep it from rattling.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for all the great info. One last question. I have not received my brackets yet. Are they cosmetically appealing enough to leave them as they are? I am considering painting them or even having them chrome plated. But if they are nice enough, I might leave them as they come. How much of the bracket do you see when the bags are installed?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
If I had the money I'd chrome them or powdercoat them to match the bike (paint likely wouldn't last long).

They are some sort of brushed metal. I seem to recall magnets won't stick to them, so I assume aluminum?

They are not quite as ugly as I figured (the Executive's chrome bits offset the wierdness of the metal brackets a bit), but not as classy as they could be.

Just be careful chroming or powdercoating--the extra thickness might affect the lock latch on the rack.

Like you, I wish I had the funds to paint-match the Givi's too (all of them!). One day I'd like to do that as well as paint-match the rear fender and the left side drive cover (I've seen those two things done, looks nice).

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
After seeing such a design I think someone that's handy with some time on their hands could fabricate such a thing
I bet that's what happened with him when he made this.

I'd do it but I'm not handy :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi scooter friends I am a newbe to the Burgman 650.Love this machine. I am interested in the saddlebag mounts by Mr
Sebastian. Could someone tell me how to contack him or how to order the 650 saddlebag mounts Thanks scooterburger

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
scooterbouger said:
I am interested in the saddlebag mounts by Mr Sebastian. Could someone tell me how to contack him or how to order the 650 saddlebag mounts
An earlier post in this thread has his email :

viewtopic.php?p=96283#p96283

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello riders do anyone else make these Givi Saddlebag mounts ??????Or is it Just Mr Sebastian Making???????? if so please give me some info please,,, if not what is Mr Sebastian email so i can order a set please..................... :bigsmurf:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
you can buy one now.. US to Euro has been better :)
It was 1 US for .80 Euro yesterday when I saw it
when I bought it it was .62 :?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sebastian Mueller , located in Kehl,Germany makes high quality, laser cut, stainless steel mounting brackets for the 650.

They mount on existing points and do not require drilling. I have a set on my 650 and use Givi E360 bags, in silver ,which match very nicely.The bags are quickly removeable for fueling of the bike.

The entire assembly can be a little pricey ,as I have about $200.00 in the mounts and another $475.00 in the bags themselves.

Sebastian's mounts are very high quality and he has sold hundreds of pairs .They are well noted by european riders.I would highly recommend them.

The down side is that Sebastian only works by "wire transfers" directly to his bank account and it must be done in Euros. My bank was able to perform the transaction and did so in one day.

The mounts ( including shipping by DHL) cost about $192.00 dollars.( the actual amount depends on that day's exchange rate, when it is deposited).

They arrived in 2 weeks and he will send a copy of the shipping documents , via e-mail,when he ships.

The mounts accept any standard " Givi mount" style of bag so there is quite a selection of bags that you could choose from any Givi dealer.

I chose the Givi E360 bags , in G730 Silver, as I feel it makes that whole assembly look like an OEM accessory.
Can you please send me the site location to “ [email protected] “ ?
Thanks

·
Administrator
18,695 Posts
All those posts are over 12 years old. Most of those members are gone.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.