Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Burgman 650 and want to put on hard case saddlebages. I have seen them on the web sites but don't know were to get them. I would need the brackets and removabule hard case saddlebages. Dose anyone knoe where to get these??? :?
cbman Tucson, AZ

[email protected]

·
Registered
848 Posts
This Link should be a good start. There's lots of information about Givi luggage if you search this forum and the whole WWW. Unfortunately there's very little in the way of 'made for Burgman' luggage mounts. Most are modified brackets from some other bike.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sebastian Mueller , located in Kehl,Germany makes high quality, laser cut, stainless steel mounting brackets for the 650.

They mount on existing points and do not require drilling. I have a set on my 650 and use Givi E360 bags, in silver ,which match very nicely.The bags are quickly removeable for fueling of the bike.

The entire assembly can be a little pricey ,as I have about $200.00 in the mounts and another $475.00 in the bags themselves.

Sebastian's mounts are very high quality and he has sold hundreds of pairs .They are well noted by european riders.I would highly recommend them.

The down side is that Sebastian only works by "wire transfers" directly to his bank account and it must be done in Euros. My bank was able to perform the transaction and did so in one day.

The mounts ( including shipping by DHL) cost about $192.00 dollars.( the actual amount depends on that day's exchange rate, when it is deposited).

They arrived in 2 weeks and he will send a copy of the shipping documents , via e-mail,when he ships.

The mounts accept any standard " Givi mount" style of bag so there is quite a selection of bags that you could choose from any Givi dealer.

I chose the Givi E360 bags , in G730 Silver, as I feel it makes that whole assembly look like an OEM accessory.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Dennis, I looked in the Gallery and could not find any pictures of your bike with the saddlebags. Would you post or email me a picture of the bags from the rear? I had a set of smaller GIVI E21s on a 400 “S”. I considered larger bags, but on the 400 (narrower bike), I decided the overall width was too wide. I am debating weather to use the E21s on my new 650 or go to a larger bag. I would like to see what the 650 looks like with the larger bags.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Please post the pictures as I would also love to see them as well. Saddlebags are a great addition both in terms of functionality and appearance. :lol:

·
Registered
115 Posts
At present my digital camera is out with family members for the Christmas outings.

I will try to get a few pictures and PM them to you both, for now.

The Givi E21 bags are used by quite a few european riders on the 650.

I decided to choose the largest I could ,so I would not run out of room.

The E360's bags also came in a silver colored lid ( optional ) ,so I went with them. :wink:

·
Registered
143 Posts
saddle bags 1st choice

MoinMoin

In our forum we have the owner of a small company who makes the holder for hard shell saddle bags.
1st quality, best steal and hand made in Germany.
I can definitely recommend it.
You can see a picture in thread #43:
http://www.forum.an650.de/showthread.php?t=1619

They cost less than 200 Euro, as far as I remember (plus shipping)
and you can use the hard shell bags from GIVI (Givi E 21)
I was told that there are some pictures in BurgmanUSA.com-Galery already, the User "DennisG" (3rd posting this page) of this forum did order in Germany already and here is the eMail address of the contact person in Germany:
[email protected]
You will be happy with that! Its made from sort of stainless steel - rust free.
And its a pitty that I dont get a single cent out of it...
Regards
Mike

·
Registered
115 Posts
Here is a link which features various types of modifications and accessories for the Burgman 650.

If you scroll down through the pictures,you will see Sebastian's 650 saddlebag mounts ( minus the bags) and following it , a blue 650 with E21 series bags and a top case featured.

http://www.hgf.portali.de/umbautenburgis650.htm

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Saddlebags for the Burgman

Nice?! That site showed the dream Burgman! That is the ultimate touring machine. I wonder what type of mileage it gets with the sidecar and trailer though. It's lacking the minimalist idea of travel, but it looks fantastic! JC

·
Registered
115 Posts
My contacts with Sebastian were always successful.

He does sometimes speak in what might be termed a slight "broken english" but it was never a problem in understanding him.

He replied within a day from my first contact ( remember the time difference :wink: ) and stayed in constant contact with me including sending me a scanned copy of the shipment papers from the "Postpaket" from the Deutsche Post. DHL ( part of the Deutsche Post) completes the delivery.

He sent complete bank account information, which I simply took to my bank and found it had all information they needed.He e-mailed me quickly the next day as the payment arrived and had already shipped the package.Remember also that his payment must be in Euros , which would require your bank to convert the currency ,on deposit.

One note: The Deutsche Post will usually under estimate the shipping time as they told him it would be 7 days to the US. It took 16 days for me, but the web site estimated 2 weeks anyway.I believe one Canadian forum user,that I had contacted prior to undertaking this, did receive his in about a week.

Everything went smoothly for me.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I have moved this thread to this section as it has a wider applicability within accessorising. :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks, NormanB.

I thought about this when I saw the first posting on the subject.

Was thinking that someone might move it as the thread increased.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The bags mount directly to the mounts. The top red button on the GIVI bags is spring loaded and the bag slips nicely ( with a click :wink: )into the top opening in the bracket.No loose fit.On and off in seconds.

E360 bags come with keys so that you can lock the bag on the bike, or take it off, or unlock the lid to get an item.

The mounts feature two ,adjustable nylon collar stainless bolts, at the bottom, so that you can get a perfect fit for your bags.

I had taken mine off several times( mainly to gas the bike :lol: ) and they still fit tight as the day they were installed.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Dennis or anyone with the German made mounts, what does the lower bracket on the mount attach to? What is under the plastic where it mounts?

·
Registered
143 Posts
You can pay with PayPal also!

MoinMoin!
DennisG said:
My contacts with Sebastian were always successful.
He sent complete bank account information, which I simply took to my bank and found it had all information they needed...Everything went smoothly for me.
May I inform you that you also can make the payment via PayPal? That is the easiest way for Burgman-owners in the USA and Canada. No probs with the bank and no probs with any money exchange.
Sebastian just now sent me an email and asked me to inform you about this way of easy payment, cause he is not so fluently in English - its not his mother tounge...

Wishing you a prosperous and good new year
I remain with best regards and a little "Auf Wiedersehen in 2006"

Mike (Admin http://www.AN650.de

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.