Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has saddle bags on your 400. I would like to know what you are using and how you like them?
thanks for any info you can give me.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Anyone who has saddle bags on your 400. I would like to know what you are using and how you like them?
thanks for any info you can give me.
I have some Nelson Riggs and I love them. Sorry, don't remember the model name but wish I would've went bigger, although there is still a ton of room in these, with quick, handy stretch on rain covers.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thanks, Mike33.
Did the protective pads behind them come with the bags?
I also see you have a different windscreen, what did you get and how do you like it.
thanks again.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I believe my windscreen is a Givi. I love it, loved it stock, but due to possible rain hazard, I cut it down 1-1/2" so I can 'perk up' and see over it if needed. I was scared but it is REALLY EASY with a jig saw, nice and slow.
The pads came with my saddle bags, and I have a couple thousand miles on them so far with trips and no signs of wear or any scratches or mahrs on the scoot. They connect with two large, long Velcro straps that I run one over the seat and one under, so my seat closes a little easier. I really like them and would buy again.

·
Registered
512 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
^^^ Those look nice too. Now I want to get my bike out and it's snowy and cold here! It'll be months yet for me. : (

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I've used Cortech (Tourmaster) bags for years (model used to be call Sport, now called Super 2.0). Excellent materials/quality. I bought some velcro strips at a fabric store and had a local tailor sew them on to add some length so the straps would extend across the trunk and give me positioning flexibility. To accommodate my passenger, I run the straps under the seat with no problems.

The bags are medium sized (36L) and look very good on the Burgman.

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/catalog/Super-20-36L-Saddlebags-p-380_31.html

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone for your replies, they all look good, sooooo guess I just have to make up my mind.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
The good Nelson-Rigg fabric saddle bags
with the nice padding on the back were
850's...now replaced by the 855's.
For folks like me that have fabric saddlebags
without any backside padding, I use a plastic
film called Road Wrap to protect my fenders.
www.empirecovers.com
I have the 6 inch size roll, for car mirrors.
2 strips along each side behind the saddlebags.
The 100 feet roll will out-live me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mirrors and givi side cases

Hi all,

I just got a new 2013 Burgman 650 and got the new Givi side cases installed. They are great, except that I really can't use my mirrors to see directly behind me because the cases totally block the view. Any suggestions for dealing with this? Add another mirror mounted higher? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
The bags fit snug and never had any issues with paint problems. I used them for 2 years but took them off when I sold my 400 and no scratches at all.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have that exact weaver saddle bag.
In the picture, it shows 4 thin buckle straps looped through rings.
Those straps don't come w/ the saddle bag, or at least, it didn't come on mine.

Mine's never been used. Still has tags on it, and still have the wrapped bag that it came in. I'll sell it for $30, shipping included w/in the usa. PM me if interested.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts