Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have sad news to report. Yesterday on my birthday, August 21st, Mel Smith died. Mel was 84 y.o. and a long time rider-well over 50 years and also a Burgman owner. He lived in Adrian, MO his whole live and served our country during the Korean War. He was very nice and always had stories to tell about a ride and usually a mishap that occurred. He went to local rallies around the midwest and down in Eureka Springs, AR the past few years. He kept touch with email and lots of pictures of everything he did. We lost one of the great ones but I'm sure he's scootering in heaven. JC

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
jcdorz said:
I have sad news to report. Yesterday on my birthday, August 21st, Mel Smith died. Mel was 84 y.o. and a long time rider-well over 50 years and also a Burgman owner. He lived in Adrian, MO his whole live and served our country during the Korean War. He was very nice and always had stories to tell about a ride and usually a mishap that occurred. He went to local rallies around the midwest and down in Eureka Springs, AR the past few years. He kept touch with email and lots of pictures of everything he did. We lost one of the great ones but I'm sure he's scootering in heaven. JC
Hmmmmm.....wonder if I ever met him.....I went to the scooter rallies in Eureka Springs
every year..'05 to '11. Saw a lot of faces.....not good with names.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Praying for his family.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, the funeral service is going to be graveside and there will be lots of old friends and riders there in Adrian, MO tomorrow. JC

·
Registered
66 Posts
May rest in peace....

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
It is always sad to here of a fellow rider passing.
But I give him his Kudos for riding at such a late stage in his life! :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts