1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
help me please!
My 650 is very sick.
It emits an enormous strident whistle. (Ist'n noise of diesel, off course ) An acute and continuous squealing . Especially audible sound when I accelerate, but not during the idle.
This isn't a motor problem, it starts very well and accelerates with same strength.
Did you listen this terrible noise?
Pirmil. Anxious

sorry, automatic translation. :(

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
First any one has mentioned a squealing noise like that. Do you know what a belt on a car engine sounds like when it's slipping? Does it sound anything like that? If it only does it under drive conditions I am wondering if its the CVT belt? Take it to your dealer so he can have a listen and report your findings back to us please.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you quickly answer .
The noise is ENORMOUS.
Not hiiiiiiiiiiiiii, but HIHIHIHIHIHIHIHIHI. Proportional to rotation of the engine. That is the same thing as with a long braking of car (without anti-locking of brake) with the locked wheels. You now!? I fear the worst.
With soon, for the continuation.

·
Registered
308 Posts
pirmil said:
Thank you quickly answer .
The noise is ENORMOUS.
Not hiiiiiiiiiiiiii, but HIHIHIHIHIHIHIHIHI. Proportional to rotation of the engine. That is the same thing as with a long braking of car (without anti-locking of brake) with the locked wheels. You now!? I fear the worst.
With soon, for the continuation.
Check brakes and emergency brake. Debris avec discs en entrapement.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
migz123 said:
pirmil -- how many km does your bike have?
Hi
27400 km (17000 Mi) Without any other problem.
Maintained perfectly in the Suzuki network, always guaranteed for 4 months (2 years).
my website on AN650 and Piaggio X9-500 http://www.pirmil.net

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jim said:
Just courious, your shop just did the desiel fix, what if?
Yes, the problem of "diesel" was repaired free and without difficulty by Suzuki, to ~24500 km (15000 Semi)... But since, gradually, this noise of diesel to the idle is back!
But terrible noise about I speak is not the same one.

Perhaps the repair of diesel noise will have it... : possible, it's my opinion, that the change of the ring n°16"ADAPTER, PRIMARY" who is destroyed the n°12 "SEAL, PRIMARY PULLEY". Or, quite simply, 17 "BOLT, PRI FIXED" who is to loosen, or withdraw!
link about dieselnoisehttp://perso.wanadoo.fr/x9-500/photoburg/AN650_dieselnoise-EN-FR.htm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a 650 and have the same whistle. Seems to be coming from the windshield. Will stuff a cloth between bottom of winshield and front of scooter (temporarily) to see if it stops. If so, will find some sort of rubber weather stripping to stop it for good.

·
Registered
239 Posts
RossBurger, I think his problem is much worse, probably wheel bearings, by the sound of it. He implied that it was a really loud schreeching sound.

Bob

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"foghorn" problem is solved [was -> S.O.S. Terr

The problem is solved.
The noise enormous foghorn sound of boat was caused by dust or dirtinesses to interior of belt CVT.
Curious! the 650 however after revision the day before of apparition of this problem!
Wouldn't the mechanic have forgotten to give the filter of CVT or it would have blown it back? I will never know it!
Thank you for your assistance.
I hope that this testimony will be useful.
Pirmil :)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Re: "foghorn" problem is solved [was -> S.O.S.

pirmil said:
The problem is solved.
The noise enormous foghorn sound of boat was caused by dust or dirtinesses to interior of belt CVT.
Curious! the 650 however after revision the day before of apparition of this problem!
Wouldn't the mechanic have forgotten to give the filter of CVT or it would have blown it back? I will never know it!
Thank you for your assistance.
I hope that this testimony will be useful.
Pirmil :)
How did they fix the problem Pirmil?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello,
I really do not know.
I think having understood (!) that the mechanic blew and aspired simultaneously dust.
By where? Perhaps by the opening of air filter of the CVT.
In any case, it did not deposited gearbox (CVT).

Info : The foreman only said me that "this CVT was manufactured by Nissan". you knew perhaps already

Pirmil

1 - 15 of 15 Posts