Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this does not pertain to the burgman that's why I'm posting it here.

My Father In Law has had my 95 VS800 and Billy picked it up from his house today to find that the rims are rusted. :cussing:

Any ideas on how to clean the rims up? They are not chrome, I think he said they were stainless. I told him to try a thing of steel wool. But asked him to wait until I find something out.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I would try something very much less aggressive than steel wool - you were joking weren't you? :wink:

Initially have a go with glass cleaning solution and a soft cloth.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope I wasn't joking. :oops: I guess it's a good thing that I told him to wait. From what he said, they are pretty bad off.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
if its too bad for glass cleaner the next stage would be this kinda stuff

Link

·
Registered
848 Posts
Try Coca-Cola. I'm not sure what they would be if they aren't chrome, because stainless steel and polished aluminum don't rust. Anyway, Coke works like a charm on truck bumpers, just soak a cloth and rub away.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Norm, I think he is buying something similar to that product. I forgot what he said the name of it was.

Rubble, would Pepsi work the same. I don't think I could bring myself to pour out a Coke unless it was into a glass of ice for me to drink.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'm not certain about Pepsi, if Im not mistaken there is something special about the formulation of the genuine article. If it eats rust, just think about your insides!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh yeah I know, but it tastes so good. LOL

I've used Coca-Cola before to eat the corrosion off my battery cables in my old car. Oh they many wonderful uses......

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Norm, you had to go and spoil everything I have ever been told. LOL.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Never Dull comes in a blue and silver tin can at Walgreens drug stores, K mart, and antique stores for about $3 or $4. Use only on solid metal, not chrome or nickel plating , nor gold plated watchbands or silver plated platters. Truck drivers swear by it for their aluminum wheels and stainless. It is a natural cotton wadding with some simple stuff in it like charcoal lighter fluid or something. I've used it for over 12 years on our antique firetruck and believe me, we've tried almost everything. Also (at truck stops) Muthor's (pronounced like mothers) as well as Amway solid metal cleaner. With Never Dull take a small piece of wadding and rub a small area until the surface turns black and deposits the black onto the wadding. Do not use it on painted surfaces. It works great. Tell me if ya like it.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
An old stand by used by a lot of BMW owners for there wheels (yes BMW wheels do rust) :(
"Bar Keepers Friend"

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will be getting some NeverDull later this week. That's what Billy told me he wanted a little while ago.
I can not believe how bad my father in law let my bike get. I was going to sell it (must buy burgman accessories...lol) but now I'll have to put some money into it just so it's sellable.

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Pinwheel said:
I was going to sell it (must buy burgman accessories...lol)
I knew you'd find something to sell. :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts