Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as how it almost never rains here in Southern California... we had plenty of rain during the past week. The bike was kept in the driveway and covered with a Dowco Guardian cover the whole time (the cover worked great, by the way).

However, the rotors started getting rust on them!! After the weather cleared up, a quick drive got rid of the rust just by using the brakes.

Question: is rust on the rotors normal during rain?

·
Registered
969 Posts
I haven't noticed rust on my Burger, but it's garaged when it's not on the road. During damp/rainy weather, rust shows up pretty quickly on the other vehicles though. It rubs off as soon as the car/bike starts moving.

Steve

·
Registered
125 Posts
Rust on rotors

I'm a Used Car Manager here in Maryland. Rust build up on vehicles that are just sitting is normal, especially after wet weather. It gets so bad that we have had to replace the rotors because they are pitted so deep. Best solution, - just ride, Baby.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
like the others say its a normal occurrence to see a light layer of rust form on the rotors after some damp weather. It happens to your auto as well. With tha being said , don't forget to take the care for a spin every now and again or you will find yourself with pitted rotors as drspencer mentions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts