Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in Redding, CA has many advantages, from the great riding weather year round to the many great roads to ride. Another one is having Russell Cycle Products near by (10 mile from my house). After years of sitting outside all year long, my stock seat was starting to crack and tear. I rode up to Russell's and had him look at it. We discussed the options from a stock recover to a full custom seat. I already have the Utopia back rest, and find the stock seat comfortable(I added a BeadRider for longer distance, and also have a WalMart gel cushion I use occasionally). My only complaint is the seat seams flat, and I tend to slide forward under braking, and was constantly pushing myself back on longer rides. So I suggested a semi custom recover. Russell added about 2" of foam at the nose of the seat, and tapered it back to the middle of the seat creating a "bucket". He also used a canvas insert that is much cooler in the summer. I used a Scotchgard product to help protect the canvas and purchased a waterproof cover for the winter time. I find that I ride more relaxed as I don't have to hold myself on the seat, but set in it. The canvas insert is much cooler in warm weather (so far it's only mad it to 100 a couple of times this year. 110+ is common here. The canvas also doesn't let you slide around, but you can purposefully re-position yourself easily. I am very happy with my Russell seat so far (4 months now). The cost was under $350.00 for the seat and the rain cover which was about 1/2 of a full custom seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Looks really nice and $350 is a very completive price from what I've seen .

TheReaper!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.