Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I have a gray/gray seat. It was done for the driver only. Comes with the drivers backrest, attached pouch, and custom fit cover. The seat was traded to me as the new owner was too tall for the seat.

The original owner was about 5'11. I will be riding it the rest of this week to see how it fits and feels. It will ship out Monday 7/7.

$650 + shipping.

If your local you can come by and pick it up. I am located in Cincinnati, OH 45246.

[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
So did this sell ?

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, shipped out Friday evening.

I thought you would ask first, but this guy did.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I would have but the cover didn't really appeal to me , I wish I could have tried the three seats out at that meeting that never happened:(

You had a chance to try it out , what did you think of it ? Also what was your opinion on the Corbin ?

TheReaper!

·
Registered
753 Posts
The velour topping is the most comfortable top that Russell puts on their saddles. And this is what the folks there told me over the phone. So when I placed an order for a RDL for my PC800 this is what I ordered. I had it on my bike when riding buddy on his GL1500 Goldwing and I took off on a 10 day ride several years ago. He was always ready for find a place to stop for the day well before I was.

Bad thing about velour is that it soaks up water like a sponge. I had an optional cover that I used if it looked like rain or when washing the bike. But comfy? Couldn't be beat. I wish that the RDL saddles that I have on my Goldwing and Burgman 650 had the velour instead of leather but since I bought them both used I did not have any choice about that.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did not put it on my bike. Just did not have time to mess with it. I'm disappointed about it, but No time to worry about that. I won't be riding on the corbin as it is too long for me.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
The velour topping is the most comfortable top that Russell puts on their saddles. And this is what the folks there told me over the phone. So when I placed an order for a RDL for my PC800 this is what I ordered. I had it on my bike when riding buddy on his GL1500 Goldwing and I took off on a 10 day ride several years ago. He was always ready for find a place to stop for the day well before I was.

Bad thing about velour is that it soaks up water like a sponge. I had an optional cover that I used if it looked like rain or when washing the bike. But comfy? Couldn't be beat. I wish that the RDL saddles that I have on my Goldwing and Burgman 650 had the velour instead of leather but since I bought them both used I did not have any choice about that.

I agree that the cloth is more comfortable but buying a used one that has had a few gallons of some one else's sweat pass through it , doesn't appeal to me some how . At $650 plus a recover job etc , I would just rather pop for new .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
753 Posts
I agree that the cloth is more comfortable but buying a used one that has had a few gallons of some one else's sweat pass through it , doesn't appeal to me some how . At $650 plus a recover job etc , I would just rather pop for new .

TheReaper!
Cant blame you for wanting new. Not wanting to pay over $1100 plus having to give up my OEM seat is what prompted me to buy used.

And don't know about that "gallons of someone else's sweat" thing. Mine was always dry as a bone when I got off of it. Perhaps I just got a drier butt than other folks do. At least when my wife is not chewing on it anyway! ;)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Cant blame you for wanting new. Not wanting to pay over $1100 plus having to give up my OEM seat is what prompted me to buy used.

And don't know about that "gallons of someone else's sweat" thing. Mine was always dry as a bone when I got off of it. Perhaps I just got a drier butt than other folks do. At least when my wife is not chewing on it anyway! ;)

Ya know what ? The $1,100 doesn't bother me one little bit , IF IT WORKS

I just hate spending the money and it turns into another FLOP ! Around here there are very few riders with 650 Burgmans much less one with a RDL to try out , so I'm pretty much in the dark . On my burg I have a utopia back rest and a air-hawk cushion and that is getting me by for the moment . But I would really like to get a super comfy seat , and since I plan on driving a 650 burg forever and ever I don't mind at all paying up for a good seat .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
753 Posts

I don't mind at all paying up for a good seat .
And me either. Back when I bought my first RDL for my PC800 $500 was an awful lot of money for a seat. Still is too. But after a lot of research and phone conversations to other PC owners I went for it and man! Was my heinie ever glad that I did. From then on no matter how long the ride never did I feel like I needed to stop because my butt was killing me. Or even bothering me for that matter. It was bliss.

Later it made the decision to get one for my Wing pretty easy and likewise one for my Burgman too. And while the saddle on the Goldwing has a Utopia backrest the Burgman has optional backrest that you can buy from Russell when ordering the seat. Both work well.

I have four motorcycles and all of them have custom seats on them. Trust me, if OEM saddles worked well for me then I would be spending my money elsewhere. But being able to ride all day long and not think about how much my rear end is hurting me is truly a wonderful thing.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

I just hate spending the money and it turns into another FLOP ! Around here there are very few riders with 650 Burgmans much less one with a RDL to try out , so I'm pretty much in the dark . On my burg I have a utopia back rest and a air-hawk cushion and that is getting me by for the moment . But I would really like to get a super comfy seat , and since I plan on driving a 650 burg forever and ever I don't mind at all paying up for a good seat .

TheReaper!
Some years ago when I still rode cruisers I bought a Mustang Touring seat. Never did really like it. Spending lots of money for a seat that I may or may not like is not in the picture for me. I don't like spending unless I am getting value for my money. So for me at least, I will keep my Airhawk R and ride on it. I will not buy a seat blind to comfort from my own personal backside again. It may work just fine for everyone else but until I know that it works good for me, my money stays in my pocket. I worked too hard for too many years to build a nest egg for retirement. Now that I am retired I want that money to last until I am dead.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't put enough miles on my Burgy to warrant a RDL,(although I would have bought this one) but I have one on my Kaw VN2000. This is absolutely the best seat made. Mustang, Corbin, Saddleman, etc. cannot hold a candle to RDL. You get what you pay for.!

Did 1000 mile days twice since I got it and not a whimper from my rear end. That's never happened before in all my 42 years of riding.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Cary: The seat is fantastic. I have put about 500 miles on it best money I have ever spent. To bad Suzuki doesn't offer it as an option. Thanks again Jack.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts