Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe the gods are finally smiling on me. Our truck broke down a couple weeks ago and we are waiting for parts from the factory to fix it. It's a 2000 over the road Volvo tractor modified to pull our 5th wheel trailer and registered as a motor home, and they have to build a new transmission ECM. Anyway, we are stuck in Red Bluff, CA. We took a great 3 day ride to the coast last week that I wrote about in the Road stories sub forum. We had a great time, but that trip, like all the other longer trips we have taken, have been torture on the backside for both of us.

I looked at Russell Day Long seats a few months ago and even called them about a ride in appointment. The idea of sending in my seat just didn't sit well, especially considering that we are full time RV'ers, so shipping can sometimes be a problem. When I called about the ride in service they told me they were booked up completely for the summer. I gave up on the idea but happened to realize yesterday that they are located only 35 miles from where we are located. I called this morning and asked if they ever had last minute cancellations. He said that it sometimes happens, and that their Thursday appointment had just cancelled. So, I'm set up for a new custom seat on Thursday!

I'm really looking forward to it. Although it's not going to be cheap, I'm more than willing to spend what ever it takes to make it comfortable to ride as much as we want to. There's no sense owning a bike that hurts to ride.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Out of the face of adversity comes something sweet.
Talking about falling in sh1t and coming up smelling of roses. :lol:

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Mine is scheduled for Aug 28th. I hope we are both very happy with the Russell Day Long. Good luck. Be safe.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
kellydennis,

What happened to the seat you got redone last year?

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
I had a re-padding done by Mean City Cycle, who also did two of my other motorcycles, but sadly either my arthritis has worsened or there just wasn't enough fixability on the Burgman seat. Mean City made it better but not better enough. So now I have just shipped the seat to California and am hoping Russell Day Long is the answer to my comfort needs.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Got my Russell Day Long. First impression it looks tremendous. I chose small diamond stitching and it just looks fabulous. Installed the seat and rode only for about 30 miles due to daughter duty, but from the first sit down I felt a great relief that I spent the money wisely. Very supportive and comfortable. I'm planning a 100 miler for this weekend. First impression :
Russell Day Long .....A+

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
If at the end of the day you are satisfied with your choices, that is all that matters. It's a shame that the stock seat is so painful for many to ride on. Gald you feel it is money well spent.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
If I had to be "stuck" with my Burgman 650 in a California town for a few days, Red Bluff would be close to the top of my list. It's a base of operations to some of the best motorcycle roads in Calif., if not the world. To say nothing of some of Calif's most pristine and varied landscapes. I spent one night in Red Bluff this summer (between Mt. Lassen and the north coast redwood forests) as part of my annual 2000 mile 'scootercade' of CA. I'll be going back to hit some of the roads not yet ridden in that region. Right now, I'm going to read your ride report! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
200 miles into the Russell Day Long and without a doubt I believe my riding career has been extended for at least a couple of years. My arthritis is not cured but the extended with of the seat definitely spreads out the comfort. I am very close to claiming it to be the best scooter seat. Please ride safely.

·
Registered
515 Posts
If possible could you please post some pictures of the Daylong seat on your machine ?

I have not seen one on a Burgman and am thinking about giving them a call if i cannot get used to my stocker.

Thanks, Doug

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
FYI the Russell Day Long site has Burgman pics on it.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
[attachment=0:3fb1lv34]Burgman_01_sm-1.jpg[/attachment:3fb1lv34]
Here's a pic borrowed from the Russell Day Long site. That's if I did this correctly.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts