1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Nice catch, Cary. That's a beautiful saddle and I suspect that a little leather cleaner would make a lot of that usage much less noticeable. It's sure not cheap, but all of the good stuff is expensive, isn't it?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard major complaints about all the seat makers except Russell. This set-up will cost about $800 new, or more.....

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
More I think and you have to send your seat in to Russell.
Good deal for someone.....if it stays reasonable. I paid $650 for mine used in leather.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sometimes I see someone ask "Does someone have one for Sale" and there are none around. So here is the chance. And yes, since it is an outright purchase, you don't have to send your seat off.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Just a few months ago I bought a used RDL for my GL1800 and I had one on my PC800 too. Russell makes a good saddle but if you are anywhere close to having to tiptoe when stopped this may not be the best seat for you as it causes your legs to splay out a bit. Sure comfortable though.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To each his own. I personally do not recommend additions on top of the seat pan, especially a Burgman seat as it can become squirrely and unsettling. As many of us riders are barely able to flat foot a stock seat, adding height only takes away from rider security.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
The seat was custom made for the owner. If you are substantially different from the owner (5'11", 260 lbs.) it would probably not be comfortable for you. I had a Russell made for a BMW and I had to send them my measurements, weight and even a picture of me seated on the bike. If you decide to have the passenger part of the seat custom made also, then want the same information for your passenger and a photo of both the rider and passenger.

The Russell was by far the best seat I have ever had (including Corbins) but it was made to fit me.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Yes that's true mine is slightly off from my seating postion but the Beadrider solved that.

And yes, since it is an outright purchase, you don't have to send your seat off.
my comment was for a new one you have to send the seat in - that's another reason this is a good dreal.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Winning bid was US $760,00 so you could say that a Russell Daylong keeps its value better than the scooter it is mounted on, unlike other farkles, which have very little rest value once installed.

·
Registered
203 Posts
What he said

The seat was custom made for the owner. If you are substantially different from the owner (5'11", 260 lbs.) it would probably not be comfortable for you. I had a Russell made for a BMW and I had to send them my measurements, weight and even a picture of me seated on the bike. If you decide to have the passenger part of the seat custom made also, then want the same information for your passenger and a photo of both the rider and passenger.

The Russell was by far the best seat I have ever had (including Corbins) but it was made to fit me.
I bought a used one, it did not feel right, they were nice and said to take some measurements and send it to them for changes. The cost for shipping and the changes were almost $300.00. If you live close by It would be well worth it, or take a trip on your scoot. :toothy9:

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Reality is that I thought of getting a new Burgman Exec but heard that my Russell Day Long would not fit the new ride so I am waiting on the new scoot upgrade. The RDL seat is that good.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Winning bid was US $760,00 so you could say that a Russell Daylong keeps its value better than the scooter it is mounted on, unlike other farkles, which have very little rest value once installed.
I got the winning bid. I did not want to pay that much naturally, but the seat was made for someone of my same size and it had the leather top and the backrest which I would have wanted anyway. Plus it is coming with a rain bonnet too. I have had two RDL saddles and have one on my current Goldwing and I know just how good they are. Heck, a stock Burgman saddle will run you as much as what I paid for the Russell and I get to keep my stock seat too. Sounds good to me.

To be honest, I was going to make my top bid somewhere in the low to mid $600 mark but then I realized my butt was not going to complain if I upped that another $100 or so. Besides, if I don't like it (not much chance there I don't think) then back on Ebay it will go.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Considering it was made for someone the same size as he is, I suspect it'll be a great fit for him. It's a marvelous bit of synchronicity! Congratulations, Rustydust!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I got the winning bid. I did not want to pay that much naturally, but the seat was made for someone of my same size and it had the leather top and the backrest which I would have wanted anyway. Plus it is coming with a rain bonnet too. I have had two RDL saddles and have one on my current Goldwing and I know just how good they are. Heck, a stock Burgman saddle will run you as much as what I paid for the Russell and I get to keep my stock seat too. Sounds good to me.

To be honest, I was going to make my top bid somewhere in the low to mid $600 mark but then I realized my butt was not going to complain if I upped that another $100 or so. Besides, if I don't like it (not much chance there I don't think) then back on Ebay it will go.
Since you were the same size, you got a deal. It's unfortunate there were others out there that were also the same size or didn't know the potential custom fitting issues.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Since you were the same size, you got a deal. It's unfortunate there were others out there that were also the same size or didn't know the potential custom fitting issues.
True dat! Most of all of us know that Russell saddles are made for the size and shape of the buyer. When I found that the seller of the saddle had the same dimensions as me I figured that it was God's way of telling me to buy it. The one on my GL1800 was bought used as well (for a lot less money!) and I am very happy with it. I expect to be just as happy with the one for my Burgman. For sure, I will be very disappointed if I am not.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Congradulations, the seat one of the top 2 things I would change. One of my friends has been happily riding used RDL. His thought on the purchase was if he was willing to buy it then someone would be willing to buy it from him.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
My 650 came with a RDL. While the fellow I bought the scoot from was a bit taller and much thinner than I (poor undernourished feller:p) the seat has been very comfortable over about 38000 miles in 2 1/2 years. Been thinking about redoing it though. Fortunately, I live close to them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts