Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,this is what happened actually...I drained the battery by leaving my parking lights on for 6 hours on my 2005 burgman 400...so...
I tried to play smart and took out empty battery,replaced it with the same size battery from my friend's 150cc Chinese scooter,turned on the bike and than....
I took the battery of while bike was running in order to hook back up my drained battery again on running bike and charge it by alternator,I was keeping higher RPM in order not to shut down.
In the middle of the process of putting back the bad battery,it eventually staled and when I hooked back the good battery to run it again,couldnt do it any more,it was cranking properly but no start.FI light is blinking all the time since then...
Can anyone advise me,please, could it be a serious problem,did I maybe burn the voltage regulator/rectifier or anything else...HELP
My battery is on charger now...Im going to try tomorrow again,left it in public parking garage.
Thanks in advance......

Pit

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
This was Discussed on another Page Can't seem to find it? That running the engine without the Battery Could Or May Damage Systems, as far as the FI indicator You need to put the Bike in Dealer MODE to read what the Code said, I forgot what page this was on. But somebody with Knowledge of where that page was will help you..

Once you read the Code it will tell you where the Problem is, Accurately

Elliott,

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
In these systems the battery serves to smooth the current and keep voltage spikes away from things like the ECM and sensors. Those spikes can damage these components. Worst case you may have damaged the ECM. To quote what it says in the service manual "Removing the battery terminal of a running engine is strictly prohibited. The moment such removal is made, damaging counter electromotive force will be applied to the ECM which may result in serious damage."

The flashing light indicates you have a malfunction that will not let the scooter start. As mentioned above to find out what the malfunction is you will have to put the ECM in dealer mode. To do that you will have to remove the cover under the windshield and find the plug. Once you find it you will need to jumper between two of the terminals to access dealer mode. When in dealer mode the problem code will be displayed on the dash. I'll do a search and find the link to how to jumper the plug.

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts