Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
xenz said:
... now all I have to do is to figure out where I can get a 5W constant power lead.
Would tapping into the 12-volt accessory socket in the glove box work?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Brian said:
Would tapping into the 12-volt accessory socket in the glove box work?
Yes but they won't work when the key is in the "parking" position like the rears do. That is why I wired them to the rear circuit.

Mike R

·
Registered
22 Posts
MJR said:
Yes it looks like you can pickup the feed directly from the ignition switch at the brown wire coming from the ignition switch. I might rewire it later this way.
Thankyou ! Thankyou ! Much appreciated :thumbright:

Got some 3-wire coupler today and am currently downloading an AN650 service manual PDF. Will prep everything tonight and start the wiring project tomorrow :D

Dan

·
Registered
532 Posts
Have any of you tried a Kissan Signal Minder? The web site indicates that it can be programed to convert turn signals to running lights if I understand correctly. If it works, it might be the simplest way to go.

Experience, thoughts and data requested. Thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Advanced Auto Parts has a dual bulb conversion socket that will fit perfectly in the front turn signal socket housing. Pick up the running lights from the rear and runa wire thru a fuse and the engine compartment and into each mirror. Don Fuzzy

·
Registered
60 Posts
Turn signal running lights

Don fuzzy posted a thread on 2/4/07 regarding a dual bulb conversion socket available at Auto Zone.Do you know the part #?.Instead of running a wire all the way from the rear lights,would it be feasable to run a shorter route to the ignition power wire(the brown one)?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am sorry but I do not have the socket packaging. Cut off the existing socket, but leave enough wire to solder the new feed and take it to Advanced Auto. You will be able to match it to a very inexpensive unuversal socket with dual contacts that will fit into the mirror perfectly. Solder the existing turn signal feed to one side of the socket and the new feed from the tailight to the other. You will need to buy two sockets obviously.

I did not want to jeoperdize the ignition feed so I ran a wire from the running right rear tailight and pulled it through the tupperware up into the under handlebar area. The hardest part of the job is to squezze the new wire into the back of the mirror. I pulled the existing wires from the mirror out about three inches and then pulled them back with the new wire into the mirror cavitiy. I greased up the wires with some silicone spray which helped with the pull. Good luck...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Running lights

Thanks for the info. I'll try soon. Will let you know how I make out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
running lights

Don,do you think I would jeopardize the ignition power wires if I ran a 5 or 10 amp fuse between the ignition wire and the socket?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts