Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody ever make their turn signals into running lights?? the bike comes with the 1157 bulbs/sockets which r dual filaments... its like they wanted to but didn't... how hard is it to run a jumper wire from the little 194 bulbs to the turn signals?? it would be nice to have that extra visibility...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Another solution would be to use switchback bulbs. I am thinking about doing this on my Burg so I can see better and be seen better!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Another solution would be to use switchback bulbs. I am thinking about doing this on my Burg so I can see better and be seen better!
If you do put in switchback lights, I would like to see how you do them. I have searched the form and nothing comes up on these things, unless I am using the wrong key search words. I too think they would be nice to have.

·
Administrator
18,695 Posts
The 650's have a 1156 type bulb. I first tried the "Magic Blinkers" and 20 Watt ballast resistors. The resistors got screaming HOT! and the Magic blinkers failed a lot. So I found some 40 Amp (Form C) SPDT 5 pin relays with wiring sockets for $10 for 5 each (Ebay) and wired them in so the turnsignals are on with the key and blink off with the flasher. I also had to buy a LED flasher. I ordered the flasher and two amber 18 chip LED 1156's from SuperbrightLED.com

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
They make a 1156 type replacement LED, right? Are all 4 blinkers 1156s? How much power would that save?
Thank you.

·
Registered
345 Posts
If they made them, I think you would still need some type of controller to make the LED work. I don't think you could just swap out the 1156 lamp w/ an LED that fits inside an 1156 socket and it will blink on/off like before. COrrect me if I'm wrong....

·
Administrator
18,695 Posts
If they made them, I think you would still need some type of controller to make the LED work. I don't think you could just swap out the 1156 lamp w/ an LED that fits inside an 1156 socket and it will blink on/off like before. Correct me if I'm wrong....
You are right. The LED's take a lot less wattage and your flasher will make them flash too fast. There is not a direct plug in flasher but it is easy to cut the two wires on the flasher unit and wire in a LED rated flasher.

The front bulbs you will want to change out to LED's as them being on all the time. On the rear they will not be on all the time so the savings is not worth the extra cost of the 1156 LED bulbs. And you do not want to buy white LED's to go behind a amber lenses. The white LED's are really BLUE and the amber lenses blocks some of the blue. The Amber LED's put out real amber color that the lenses passes.

I got my 18 chip amber LED's and the LED flasher from www.SuperbrightLED.com. I also got two 27 chip RED LED's for my rear tail/stop lights. SOOOOO much brighter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts