Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just arrived home from speaking with my Honda dealership owner.

He told me that he had just received notice from Honda that some new 2016 models would be introduced in July, with some hint of a Silverwing replacement.

He admitted that the Burgman 650 had surpassed the Silverwing in many ways.

He also said that only about 600 left over 2013 Silverwing's are in the Honda warehouses. He had one new 2013 Silverwing on the floor, $1,000 rebate.:kermit:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'd like to see them use the gear driven automatic from the ATV and a final drive being belt like on my RoadStar. Put hydraulic valves like the RoadStar too so you could forget belt changes for 100,000 miles and valve adjustment forever! Keep it under 650cc and use an alloy frame to save 30lbs. All wishfull thinking....................OH and at least 5 gallons US of 87 octane gas. I'm dreaming

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Id be interested to see a new silverwing

You might already know that mainland Europe got an updated Silverwing Wing a few years ago as the SWT 400 and SWT 600, Ive seen lots over there.

We didnt get it in the UK, I like Hondas so I would have considered the 400. I see loads of them over there.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Yeah, only thing it's fugly as ****. A monster wing

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Still enjoying

I am still enjoying my 2012

·
Registered
80 Posts
I want to see a Burgman 650 killer.
Throw in DCT gearbox, shaft drive scooter with 15" inch wheels, folding mirrors, adjustable windshield like BMW.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm still enjoying my 2009 650. Almost 40k mi. and no issues at all. I ride it hard and fast a lot too and it's never let me down. Power commander,darkside etc. I'm luvin it!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
A Burgman 650 killer could only be a Burgman 900
Maxi is a Zuki land, so unless they quit the segment, they're very hard to beat.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A Burgman 650 killer could only be a Burgman 900
Maxi is a Zuki land, so unless they quit the segment, they're very hard to beat.
I'm thinking, you're right!:kermit:

·
Registered
66 Posts
A key is all those left in the warehouse and probably Burgmans and BMWS and Kymcos as well. And Vespas and other brands. $1,000 off for a 13 is a joke.....sounds like some Suzuki dealer. See what you can get for a used one.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it's now September. Is there any news on this rumor by now?
I spoke with the Honda shop owner a few days ago. He has the new 2016 model list, but no Silverwing replacement. He fears the Forza 300 has replaced the Silverwing.

I'm still hoping for a replacement, but in the meantime, really like my recently purchased 07 Executive. :smile

·
Administrator
18,722 Posts
I spoke with the Honda shop owner a few days ago. He has the new 2016 model list, but no Silverwing replacement. He fears the Forza 300 has replaced the Silverwing.

I'm still hoping for a replacement, but in the meantime, really like my recently purchased 07 Executive. :smile
For most markets, not USA, the Forza 300 fits. I could see them offering a Forza 450 too. But most world markets do not demand a 600, 638, 650, 700, 900 scooter. I do not see one coming. :crying

Reactions: BurgyBill

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For most markets, not USA, the Forza 300 fits. I could see them offering a Forza 450 too. But most world markets do not demand a 600, 638, 650, 700, 900 scooter. I do not see one coming. :crying
I think you're right, Dave. I'm hoping for a DCT 500 twin cylinder Honda, which is probably dreaming. I like Suzuki, but finding a competent dealer is an issue here. I have a top notch Honda shop 40 miles from my location.

My yearly mileage has dropped from an average of 15,000 to 5,000 last year, and less than that so far this year. A 500cc is really all I need!:wink

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Very true Dave J, and since the manufacturers consider the US such a small segment of the scooter buying market, they probably won't bother. Only in this country do scooters have a stigma and are so made fun of, that the motorcycle manufacturers will just send more motorcycles our way and not bother custom making a scooter for our needs.

·
Administrator
18,722 Posts
Pretty much the fault of the dealers by not being proactive to sell and service the scooters.
I know for a fact that if a dealer will market a product they have, it will sell. They may need to do some silly gimicky advertisement for it to work.

We had a car dealer up here in the 70's. He would take a new car, a low optioned one but brand new, and while he was talking about it, swing a sledge hammer and bash the hood or roof. His body shop would fix it and he'd sell it off to some person that was low on down payment cash. He also gave away some cars. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBWtPDUNgmo

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yep, you cant just put scooters in the back of the show room and then try and sell them at full list and allow nothing on a trade and have sales people who cant answer a question and service people who have no answers either and not allow test rides by interested people.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts