Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if there is a group riding around the RTP, NC area. I see some burgmans on the road but have not seen groups of burgmans here.

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With my limited riding time and my wife not taking motorcycle riding as a hobby yet, it would be a stretch for me to go to Charlotte to ride with all you guys. I wish there was a group here in RTP that would ride regularly on a 2-4 hour ride around the area.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There is a rider in Cary that rode a Majesty, he had it for sake on Craigslist for a while. I live in Clayton and my wife does not ride either but I can ride early evenings or some weekends.

·
Registered
53 Posts
RTP Burg rider

Am out riding daily, weather permitting. Weekends tend to be with my brother and sister-in-law who are on their Goldwing and Shadow; respectively (if you can stand being near such beasts). Came here two years ago after 30 years in California. Rode mostly with general motorcycle groups there and one Silverwing buddy. Less prejudice and "rubber band" jokes out there. On edge of RTP near Durham, Wake and Chatham county border. Take day or short trips to DC, OBX, SC, Blue Ridge Parkway, etc once a quarter or month. PM me. Can always start a club. Have seen 3 other Burgs in my neighborhood but not met any of them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is great. We can probably meet up somewhere in RTP for some grub on a weekend and do a little bit of riding. Are you guys going to the Capitol City Bikefest?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anybody going to the Bull City Rumble this weekend? I've lived in RTP for the past 6 years and have not been there. Is it worth going to?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has anybody attended Bike Safe NC? It's a motorcycle skills course sponsored by the different Police Departments in NC. Here's the link http://www.bikesafenc.com/

I'm attending the one in Raleigh on Oct. 3, 2014. It's free. I think there are still 4 seats available on that date as of the writing of this post. It would be nice to have a fellow burgman rider there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It was a good day for learning and riding. The class did not disappoint. Kudos to the Raleigh Police Motorcycle Unit for the awesome effort.

·
Registered
53 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts