Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to have to set up a new topic for something that has already been addressed but I can't remember where I saw this. What is the correct idling speed for the 400 so it doesn't stall. Was it 1100 RPM's. I want to sound impressive when I pick up the 400 today even though I don't know what the heck I am talking about :lol:

Is there anything else I need to check on when I pick the scoot up today?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hi Evelyn;

Below is a portion of a thread I found on the idle rpm subject. I think this is what you were looking for. Have a great day and enjoy your new ride!

Rubble

"The manual says the idle should be 1,400 to 1,600 rpms. I would think you may experience stalls at 1,000 rpms. I am going to set mine at 1,600 to smooth out the idle."

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't recall whether this is a new new 400 you're picking up. If so, you might ask the mechanic who set it up, to explain what exactly the prep work consisted of. Not that you doubt the work was done, but that you appreciate the knowledgeable introduction to your new 2-wheeled friend. As for other things to check, I for one would be interested to know what your pulse is, when you come to the first stop light and put your foot on the pavement.... My own pulse was up at that moment not too long ago, but I was too excited to measure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts