Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K12 Exec with 28790 miles having rough idle at cold start or first start then smooths out after 3-5 seconds. Has anyone had the same experience? What could it be and how couldbi correct it?. Thanks for your inputs.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Rough engine Fix

You might have gotten bad gas. Even today with all the inspectors checking gas quality gas stations put additives the gas that will cause rough riding and buildup on spark plugs. I use only Iridium plugs and once a month or when idle gets rough low mileage I use Sea-Foam, this is the bet you can put in your gas to get out excess moisture and water it cleans plugs and best of all will not harm sensors on bikes or cars, even the very temperamental ones I used to have on my Italian bikes. I have purchased used bikes and after a full tuneup still a little rough specially single cylinder bikes. You put Sea Foam about a double dosage and go for a ride. Next time you start your bike you will notice the difference. Here in south Florida with high humidity I try to keep tank full and add it once a month to get any moisture out and keep upper cylinders and plugs clean.
It's around $7.00 to $8.00 a can available at most autocrats and on internet. Go to seafood website read what this liquid will do. It's not new but a miracle worker. I use it on lawn mowers and weedeaters.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Had that problem 2 week ago, first believe pick up some poor quality gas or water, stopped at Shell Canada fuel station, fill up with Shell V-Power 91 octane ( here V-Power contain no alcohol at all ) problem went away in 5 minute.

Techron is excellent product for clean fuel system and injector, use Sea Foam here also in most all my gas engine a couple of time per year.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I would pull the plugs and look at them to see what they look like. Could be an injector leaking down too but start to see with the plugs look like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts