Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say first and foremost a heartfelt thanks for RedBeards installation guide. http://burgmanusa.com/bkb/tiki-index.php?page=650+Rostra+Cruise+Control :book:
A buddy of mine and I installed my Rostra cruise control using this guide and I can't say enough about how well the install went and nice this addition to my 650 has been.
I soldered and heatshrunk all electrical connections as well as modifying the cruise control handlebar box as per RedBeards instructions and it has been faultless in operation. I have run it on two test runs, one of 260 miles and one of 200 miles and it really holds the speed set well.
All I can say is it really is spoiling me, gotta be the best $230 I've spent yet.:D

Greg

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congrats. Sounds like a great addition to your Burgman.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello greginnm:
I have bought the bits and pieces, and I am trying to line up the time to tackle the install. One quick question: how did you install the switch? I have the switch that Redbeard modified (#250-392) but I am not sure yet where/how to install it.
Thanks!
Marco

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marco, I fabbed up my mounting plate using 1/8 aluminum sheet cut into a strip 5 1/2" X 1 3/8" ( 120mm X 35mm). I then bent it into a isosceles triangle shape so that the switch would be facing more towards my thumb than along side the plastic handlebar cover. I drilled mounting holes in the long side of the triangle to mount the switch and then drilled two 1/4" (6mm) holes in the upper back side of the triangle to mount the aluminum switch mount using 6mm push pin connectors. I also drilled a 9/32" hole on the back side to allow the sires to run through the mounting plate and into the handlebar cover. I drilled two 1/4" holes in the upper handlebar cover to attach the mounting plate. The 1/4" holes were drilled so that the switch was centered vertically and along side the powerswitch and the manual automatic switch.
I had to grind a notch into the lower handlebar cover to allow the wires from the switch to pas through to inside the handlebar covers.

I haven't figured out how to post pictures but if you PM me with your email address I'd be happy to send you pictures of my mounting system.

Greg

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to hear the install went well :D :cool:
This thing is spoiling the fire outta me, I love the cruise control!!!!:toothy5:
Thanks again for the really nice write up on the install.
Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts