Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any members that have installed the rosta with the wireless switch, can you give me your opinion of it vs the wired one, ease of install etc. I have installed the rosta but I haven't ordered a switch yet. Thanks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I put two mini rocker switches in my handlebar cover on the left side, One is a on off rocker the other is a momentary on off on rocker switch. The on off switch is for powering the rostra up, the momentary switch is used for the Set/De-accelerate mode and Resume/Accelerate mode. Very clean but unfortunately not entirely waterproof. As a note it REALLY rained on it to get the switches wet, so I think running it down the road would not be a problem although probably wouldn't use the cruise control in the rain. I got the switches from Del City.

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
While I haven't installed the wireless model I do have the rostra installed with the wired model. But from what I can tell the wiring of the transmitter portion is the same with the exception of two more wires for power for the transmitter under the dash. Unless it's used in an application where you can't feasibly wire in the control switch I'd err away from the wireless version since it's one more item to locate space for underneath. the dash and the run from the servo to the handlebar isn't very long. Plus the added benefit of no battery changes and a backlight. :)

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
How often do owners of Executives adjust the screen height?
You could add a new pair of switches to control the screen and do as I have done:

I use the cruise control almost more than I operate the throttle by hand,

Mine is only a standard, but I bought the right-hand handlebar switchgear from an Executive and use the screen up/down switch to control my cruise control.
I haven't bothered with an on/off switch for the cruise, so it's always ready to be engaged and touching either brake of course disengages the cruise.

·
Registered
255 Posts
+1 ErikDK, I originally had a remote module and took it off and replaced it with the two rocker switches. I would have liked to do what you did as I think its a brilliant idea but wasn't willing to pay for what people were asking left hand control assembly.
I agree that I use the resume/accel mode a bunch. Boy Howdy does having the cruise control spoil you.

Greg

·
Registered
255 Posts
I stand corrected, hmmmm maybe I'll go look for one! Thanks ErikDK

Greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts