Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious as to the reasons for replacing the stock rollers with sliders or different weight rollers?
Also, do these ever wear out?
thanks from an old newbie!
John

·
Premium Member
14,234 Posts
Yes that do wear out and will need to be replaced at some point.

Folks change to different weight rollers to change the shift characteristics of the CVT. By changing to different roller weights you can make it hold a lower ratio longer for better acceleration or up shift faster for better fuel economy at the expense of acceleration.

Sliders are just a different design that some think work better than rollers.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
On my '05-400, the regular service interval for
replacing the drive belt is 14,500 miles...I have
varied a bit over that, but have changed the
variator rollers with each belt change.
At about 42,000 miles, I installed Dr Pulley
sliders in place of my rollers..it was just a
convenient time. Rollers didn't look too bad
for flat spots...they will get flat spots though.

·
Premium Member
14,234 Posts
When I changed my 400's belt the first time at around 22,000 the rollers still looked good so I left them in. I'll be needing another belt before to long. I suspect the rollers will need to be changed then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
what is the best slider for someone that ride most of the time 1 up an where is the best price on a new belt thanks

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I installed Dr Pulley 19g last year- love them- would have opted for 20g though. But much better than stock rollers- smoother acceleration for one thing. HIgher "top gear" ratio it seems.
I would go for 19 or 20g.

As far as a belt, I found one for $83 at Oneida Suzuki on line. I haven't been able to verify if it's a REAL Suzook belt or an off-brand though. Where Suzook belts are going for $160ish, at Cheap Cycle parts for example.

The health of your pulley system is enhanced by keeping it clean, that is, cleaning out belt dust regularly. I don't know your mechanical ability though. To DIY costs about $100 intially, for: $49 Harbor Freight electric impact driver, 24 mm socket, 1/2 inch drive ratchet, some gizmo to hold the variator while you tighten the nut, and a HF 1/2 inch torque wrench. Or find a friendly rider to help. R&R of the belt is not that big of a deal :cool:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
When looking at belts, the model year is critical. On my 2011 the belt is right around $150. For 2005, I think they're about $80 or $90. They are not interchangeable.

If you make the aforementioned variator gizmo, you can probably forego the impact driver. I was surprised at how little effort it took to remove the nut holding the variator on. 65 ftlb isn't all that much. People use the impact driver in lieu of the gizmo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
new guy here just looking for the best place to order dr pully slider an a new belt dose anyone know the part # for 2007 BURGY 400 AIR FILTER

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts