Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy and I Rode up to Corbin on monday the 7/9 to get are seats done. It took us 12 hours to go 410 miles but we did a lot of sightseeing :D Took hwy 1 most of the way up and it was a was a little chilly but a real nice ride. Got to watch them make my seat from start to finsh and they insisted that we toured there shop....and we did very impressed. If you ever get the chance to go there do there tour. We came home on 101 at took us about 71/2 hours and rode 780 miles round trip in 2 days...Had fun :D

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
They sure have the best backrest.... i do miss that about my corbin...

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
About the same distance for me up. One of these days. :thumbup:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've had 3 or their seats and backrests, and they're the best. My only complaint with Corbin is their horrible communication problem. I ordered a backrest over 3 weeks ago, and have yet to hear from them after sending them 3 e-mails asking for a shipping date. No response. Anyway, I wouldn't have a scoot without the Corbin seat.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've given up emailing Corbin. Just get zero response. Sent a couple of emails to Burgmanseats also.
I gave them all my stats, height, weight and inseam. Spoke to one of the biggest bike dealers here in Sydney. And before I could finish what I was saying......he said "no response right ?"
Seems like a common issue. Anyway I'm going to get my bike dealer to get onto them.

Keep safe

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
BigBloke,

I was shocked when I saw your comments as I knew I had responded to you. However, I get a system email when someone fills out the form on my website. If I click REPLY, the email goes nowhere as it is system generated. I responded to it so the email went nowhere. I have done it a few times, but I usually myself and send it correctly. My email never reached you and I am sorry. I try to be timely in my responses.

That being said, I am not able to help you. You are too tall for a stock seat. I can make it more comfortable, but not longer. Though you may not want to, Russell or Corbin may be the only options.

There is one guy in Washington DC that does some custom work. He made a seat for a lady that was not tall enough for her Burgman. He makes his own seat pans.
His name is John Longo.

http://www.johnlongo.net/

Check out his website, he does have some nice stuff. It's mostly for MC, but he will work on them all.

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
Cary is correct in saying that you can only do so much with a factory seat pan. You can add buffering in the rear for shorter people or make the leg area fatter/thinner but the solid part of the seat pans rear area will limit the amount you can go back. The aftermarket pans will limit what you can put in the trunk just up close to the front.

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
Dave_J said:
The aftermarket pans will limit what you can put in the trunk just up close to the front.
Yes with my Corbin Long I can't get a FF helmet in the front part of the trunk as the pan hits it before the seat closes completely . Other than that I can pretty much get anything under it that I could with the stock seat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts