Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined the Chrome Divas, (a women's motorcycle group) here in Tallahassee, recently after buying my Blue Burgman 400. I had joined by email and had not met any of the group. They invited me to ride in the Thomasville Georgia Rose Parade last night. We met at a local Supermarket parking lot at 5:00pm. All of the members were nice and welcoming. Of the 16 members there, all had various Harleys except for a Yamaha V, Suzuki Intruder and a Vulcan. I had a lot of women come over and look at my Burgie and ask questions. Some were impressed, some not. We drove the 25 odd miles to Thomasville. My Burgman was easily able to keep up. We got in formation behind a members truck decked out with banners and playing the new "Chrome DIva" country and western song written by one of our members. We rode in the parade without helmets and my gray hair stood out from the group. I had a lot of older women wave and heard a lot of "you go girl" I hope they were thinking "if she can do it , I can do it". The parade was slow, stop and go and my automatic gave no problems and performed like a champ. When we hit the end of the line a lot of the women were complaining that their butts were numb from the vibrations and they were hot from the engines, and fatigued from the gear shifting. NOT ME, no numb butt, and still cool. A couple of the women did not belive me and had to come over and hold their hands over and around my bike to check for heat. I had one women say I looked comfortable riding my BUrgie. I told her I was. SHe stated she had arthritis and it was hard for her to clutch a lot. "Get a Burgman "was my advice. I also informed them that I drive my Burgman to work everyday in stop and go traffic and the automatic was a blessing. Of the women I talked to, none drove their machines to work and only rode after work or on the weekends. I suspect because of the shifting and numb butt syndrome. I don't know if my BUrgman impressed anyone, and don't care, but the performance, comfortable riding on the open road and in traffic made me glad of my choice. My Burgman did me proud. :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
parade ride

I'm glade you showed them people what a real bike can do,& do easily.I bought my 400 burgman last Augest.And i haven't been sorry yet. :D I remenber one night comeing home from work.I had one of my coworkers follow me home.He had a suzuki inturder 800cc bike.He was sure surprised when he had to throttle up,to keep up.
About 4 weeks ago i gave my wife the 400.And i bought the 650.We love both bikes.And i was surprised to learn that my 650 will out ride out handle,& out run on the top end a lot of them cursiers out there.What about them burgman's.
Anyway i guess i wrote i of that to say this.Don't let'em make you think your less than.You got a great bike.More comfortable cooler easyer on the hindy.Just pure fun.Isn't that what riding is all about. :D

Doug Collins
Springdlae.Arkansas

·
Registered
308 Posts
Stormsteed said:
Hey Linda, thanks for being an inspiration for this on-the-fence gal, who is now teetering closer towards buying the Burgie.
Aint no better riding territory than the DAvis CA area !! Go buy a 650 and get out there !!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Another Lady Burgman Rider

Way cool, I don't have the gray hair yet, but all my co workers are envious and they are all men. Wahoo look at us go, in comfort and speed.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Re: Another Lady Burgman Rider

serrington said:
Way cool, I don't have the gray hair yet, but all my co workers are envious and they are all men. Wahoo look at us go, in comfort and speed.
Gee, If I could find a nice Jewish Girl who rode any bike, I'd marry her and give her all me money,

As it happened my ex's first question after we were married was, 'when you selling that bike?"

That marriage didnt last.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Harold said:
ABM:
You find her and you're gonna have to fight me for her. It sounds like we married the same girl. :cry:
Yeah, and my ex- was from Toronto !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts