Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week ago I bought an expensive ($24.90) digital tire pressure gauge from Amazon.com. I got it because I've had problems getting a good reading on the tires of my K9 650 Exec. The gauge has a unique shape that is supposed to be easier to use on motorcycle tires. It also features an automated voice that says the tire pressure. This can be handy in low light conditions.

I am very disappointed with this gauge. It is made of plastic and the battery compartment cover fell off several times as I tried to position it over the tire valve. Sometimes I can't get it to provide any kind of reading. I am very disappointed and still looking for a reliable tire pressure gauge that is fairly easy to get into position.

Here is the Amazon.com listing for this item. My recommendation is not to buy it!

Amazon.com: HI-TEC DIGITAL TIRE GAUGE: Automotive

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Looks exactly like the gauge I bought at
Radio Shack for $5 on close-out when
they quit selling them.....
except mine works just fine.
Guess I got lucky......

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Have same gauge 8-10 years now, very accurate, battery cover never fall out because held by tiny tiny screw, not complaint.
Now that use 82° Ariete valve it difficult to use, purchase same brand but with straight neck so perfect with Ariete valve.
It still excellent on all other tire, vehicle, wheelbarrow, trailer, pressure washer etc.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's my major complaint. I put the gauge on the end of the valve stem and press firmly. About 60% of the time I get no reading at all. Yes, the gauge opening is flush with the top of the valve stem. In other words, it isn't tilted. The batteries are also new. The device has never been dropped.

I can't hear any air escaping, as I often get with other air pressure gauges. The next time I use it, following exactly the same technique, it may or not work. This is very frustrating. Having the battery cover continuously falling off just exasperates the situation.

I'm happy for those with identical tire pressure gauges that work perfectly. I'm also happy for those who paid only .99 cents for a great gauge. I'd just like to find a reliable tire pressure gauge that can easily reach between the duel brake discs and provide an accurate reading.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts