Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took my 400 on a 400 mile one day road trip yesterday with a Triumph 1200 Explorer and a VStrom 1000. It handled pretty well but wouldn't want to do two days like that in a row.

Left Vegas on Interstate 15 North and did a big loop. After Mesquite headed North on US 91 into Utah then to Gunlock State park. Beautiful views and tree lined roads. We were traveling at about 5000 ft so it was actually around 70 most of the morning and early afternoon.

Went up US 18 from there to Enterprise Utah for Lunch and head down 219 to 319 in Nevada. Well that was one of those roads that start out paved but all of a sudden it turns to dirt. We decided to back track and take US 56 into Nevada that turns into 319. From there stopped at Cathedral Gorge State park.

After the state park it was straight down US 93 back to Interstate 15 but we decided at Caliente to take 317 to 93 since it looked "scenic". This started off as one of the most beautiful roads I have ever been on. Tree lined springs fed between two mountainous walls of colorful stone. That lasted about 22 miles till the it once again turned to dirt. It was getting late and decided it would have added at least 50 miles to the trip so we trudged on. It was 39 miles of dust, washboard and sometimes a couple of inches of loose surface back to 93 again. Going back up paved section to 93 to the same exit spot would have been 106 miles.

The Burgman handled the dirt ok. Went between 20 and 30 mph. Didn't think the dirt would ever end. Vibrated one of my mirrors loose. Got back on the Highway and did about 72 all the way home. The scoot was caked with dust this morning and gave it a full wash for the fist time since I purchased it in 2018. Usually just wipe it down here with alcohol wipes. Turned the hose on to a light sprinkle and stayed away from the electric bits. Just put it back in the garage and wont start it for a few hours.

I will definitely head back to Caliente again and do the paved version of 317. It really is a little Jewel in Nevada.

·
Premium Member
8,028 Posts
welp, you didn't use soap, so she shouldn't be too insulted. give her a nice backrest massage and tickle her dashboard with a lint free cloth and I'm sure all will be forgiven.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Took my 400 on a 400 mile one day road trip yesterday with a Triumph 1200 Explorer and a VStrom 1000. It handled pretty well but wouldn't want to do two days like that in a row.

Left Vegas on Interstate 15 North and did a big loop. After Mesquite headed North on US 91 into Utah then to Gunlock State park. Beautiful views and tree lined roads. We were traveling at about 5000 ft so it was actually around 70 most of the morning and early afternoon.

Went up US 18 from there to Enterprise Utah for Lunch and head down 219 to 319 in Nevada. Well that was one of those roads that start out paved but all of a sudden it turns to dirt. We decided to back track and take US 56 into Nevada that turns into 319. From there stopped at Cathedral Gorge State park.

After the state park it was straight down US 93 back to Interstate 15 but we decided at Caliente to take 317 to 93 since it looked "scenic". This started off as one of the most beautiful roads I have ever been on. Tree lined springs fed between two mountainous walls of colorful stone. That lasted about 22 miles till the it once again turned to dirt. It was getting late and decided it would have added at least 50 miles to the trip so we trudged on. It was 39 miles of dust, washboard and sometimes a couple of inches of loose surface back to 93 again. Going back up paved section to 93 to the same exit spot would have been 106 miles.

The Burgman handled the dirt ok. Went between 20 and 30 mph. Didn't think the dirt would ever end. Vibrated one of my mirrors loose. Got back on the Highway and did about 72 all the way home. The scoot was caked with dust this morning and gave it a full wash for the fist time since I purchased it in 2018. Usually just wipe it down here with alcohol wipes. Turned the hose on to a light sprinkle and stayed away from the electric bits. Just put it back in the garage and wont start it for a few hours.

I will definitely head back to Caliente again and do the paved version of 317. It really is a little Jewel in Nevada.
I handy way to dry any motorcycle, which my husband does on his and mine, is use a leaf blower to get most if not all the water off the bike, that way there are no water stains.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
been watching this russian guy who does work on sym scooters. he shows how engines are destroyed with all the dust. obviously neglecting is the common reason. I think youre always on top of things. maybe consider a cleaning of the filter in box and cvt hose and its filter as well and maybe the cvt box with some compressed air?

cant find the video but see the air filter here. im sure yours is ok since youre on top of things. those small particles are bad
just see the first 2 minutes. the rest isnt important

·
Administrator
18,196 Posts
I was reading your post and said to myself that it sounds like MikeyMarine wrote it.
Mikey is MIA.

He is spending his waking time "Been out servicin my community, got a few hours yet to do"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts