Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday afternoon, Sunday the 5th of Dec. a mate thundered into my driveway w/his Harley asking if I wanted to go for a short ride. I said "sure but why a short ride, it is a lovely sunny day of 52 degrees". During the same breath I noticed that he only had a cool looking Harley with virtually NO wind protection. All I had was a sexy chick magnet Burgman with 90% adequate wind protection. I told him he better lead so I didn't get carried away and him end up freezing his little nuggies off. We didn't even go 5 miles.:(

·
Registered
719 Posts
I applaud your mate. Most Harley owners would have trailered the bike the 5 miles when the temperature drops that low.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
52 degrees on a Burgie

I will have to tell my Harley mate your trailer comment, he will get a good chuckle out of it. And, 52 on a sunny day is warm on a Burgman tizn't tit.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I recently did a 170 mile ride - highest temp was 39 degrees. Gerbing electric jacket liner & gloves make it possible. In the 40s and 50s I can ride forever. Don't see many Harley's or other cruiser bikes out in those temps though. More likely to see a Goldwing or two. It'll be in the 40's for the next week here. Just waiting for the rain & drizzle to end...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Electric Skivvies?

Actually, I have found my self think and looking forward to getting a few good fotos of Miss Burgie w/snow in the backround.

Paul, U must B located relativly close 2 me since our weather forcasts sound similar.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Re: Electric Skivvies?

Glenn said:
Paul, U must B located relativly close 2 me since our weather forcasts sound similar.
Nope... It's a long ride from Omaha, Nebraska to PA. I'm originally from Connecticut. Kids all ended up moving to this area over the years. We moved here a couple of years ago to put the family back together & see the grandkids more. There are more drastic swings in temperature here. It was 70 degrees in February a couple of years ago. It can literally be 15 degrees one day and 50 degrees the next. There is no ocean effect to stabilize temps, so it just depends which direction the weather is rolling in from. Windy too. A day with 30 mph wind gusts is referred to as "breezy" around here. :shock:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm about 100 miles south of Glenn and I agree, Sunday was a nice day. I took my 650 out in the late afternoon. As I said to my wife, "The sun's starting to set and it will probably cool off quickly, so I'll only be gone for 15 minutes or so." 15 minutes? Ok, more than an hour -- I missed the start of the Eagles/Packers game.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) sounds like a winner too -- 58 and sunny. But early next week the winter weather is supposed to move in for real, with highs in the 30s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts