Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.mrf.org/mrfroadside.php

(I just signed up for this and you DO NOT have to be a member of the MRF.)

I noticed some folks commenting on AAA. With them you need the standard coverage, the RV coverage and THEN you can buy cycle coverage.

(from their site)

PREMIUM MOTORCYCLE AND AUTO PACKAGE: $46.95

- Covers up to 2 motorcycles and 2 autos

- No need for AAA, we'll cover your motorcycles AND your cars.

You can enroll online OR call 866-784-0520 and let them know you are with MRF. You may also mail in the application form here.

Roadside Assistance Program FAQ's

Q. Who is the provider of services for the MRF Roadside Assistance Programs?

A. Road America is an independent national auto club company. You can visit Road America’s site to learn more about them at http://www.road-america.com. Road America has been providing motor club services business to business for over 25 years.

Q. How would I receive roadside assistance services and information?

A. You will be supplied with a toll-free telephone number that you can call 24-hours a day, every day of the year. You also will receive a complete membership kit in the mail within 7-10 days from enrollment that explains all of the benefits and services of the roadside assistance program.

Q. Is the membership cancelable? What if I'm not satisfied with the service?

A. Road America prides itself on its excellent record of total customer satisfaction, however, if you are not satisfied with your Road America membership, for any reason, you can receive a pro-rata refund of the membership fees paid. If you elect to cancel within the first thirty days of membership, you will receive a full refund.

Q. How do I enroll?

A. You can enroll over the phone and via the internet with a credit card or by mail with a check and/or credit card.

Q. How does Road America compare to other motor clubs? (AAA, Amoco, Allstate, etc.)

A. MRF’s plans provides you with emergency roadside assistance, up to $200 per occurrence, with no limit on the number of times you may use the service during the year. Other clubs usually limit the number of times you may use the service and restrict the number of miles you may be towed. Road America provides whatever service you need, up to the per occurrence limit.

The Premium motorcycle and auto packages provides roadside assistance coverage for any driver of 2 vehicles and 2 motorcycles owned by the member and/or the member’s spouse automatically, at no additional cost. Most other clubs charge an additional fee for spouses and associate members.

Q. Who are Road America's service providers?

A. Just like all other motor clubs providing dispatched road service, Road America utilizes a network of thousands of independently owned and operated emergency road service and towing providers throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.

Q. Are Road America's service providers different from any other motor clubs?

A. Road America ensures the finest towing and service providers available through a rating system based on each provider's assistance capabilities, service record, and other pertinent criteria. This rating system is unique to Road America and delivers the best possible service for each member.

Q. When does my membership begin?

A. You should receive your membership kit approximately 7-10 days after we receive your application for membership. Your membership effective date will be noted on your membership card and is scheduled to begin a few days after you enroll.

Q. Will I receive any information explaining the program and how to use it?

A. Your membership terms and conditions and membership card which you will receive in your membership kit provide all of the details regarding the specific MRF roadside plan.

Q. What if I break down and need service on a holiday or weekend?

A. All services are available 24-hours a day, every day of the year throughout the United States and Canada. Simply call our toll-free roadside assistance number and service will be dispatched to your location immediately.

Q.Will I have to pay for towing or other road services out of my own pocket?

A. Road America will cover the cost of all covered services up to the per occurrence limit ($200) for each service call. In most cases, you will simply sign for the service performed. The service provider will invoice Road America for the service.

Q. How many times can I use the service per year?

A. There is no limit on the number of times you may utilize the program per year. There is a limit to 1 service per 7 days.

Q. How do the Hotel Discounts work?

A. You simply call the toll free line located next to the name of the hotel on your terms and conditions and use the discount code. You will receive up to %15 off of the regular rates.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
The plan sounds OK except depending on the tow operators charges 200 Dollars does not seem like it would get you very far. Most plans give you 50 Miles (AAA 100)
If the truck gets 10 dollars a mile that's only 20 miles -with out hook up charges or am I reading it wrong. :?
But then again right this moment I have no idea what tow trucks get

:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts