Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I subscribe to a really nice magazine called "Road Runner, Motorcycle Cruising & Touring."

http://www.rrmotorcycling.com/mags/frames.html

It comes six times a year. Yesterday I was knocked for a loop as I was flipping through to discover that they are adding a Scooter Section in every other issue! This first go at it talks about the Vespa GT 250 and a Aprillia 500.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
It will be interesting to see what they have to say about the Burgmans!

·
Registered
368 Posts
nice magazine. I may actually subscribe. Any other ideas for great magazines that may deal with touring?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I subscribe to "Road Runner". It is an excellent magazine. They focus on touring, and write up a number of tours in each issue. Great for (long) ride ideas. They also do some of the tours on unusual bikes. One recent tour was done with two Royal Enfield 500cc singles. A vintage Triumph was used in another. It would not be out of character for them to take a Burgman 650 touring.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I subscribe to Road Runner, Rider and Motorcycle Consumer News. I'm pleased with all three

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to list the ones I get in order of preference.

Rider: Informative, well rounded, beautifully written
Motorcycle Consumer News: Cut and dry, like Consumer Reports
Road Runner: Best quality materials, only fair writing
MotorCyclist: Informative, good variety of columns
Amercan Motorcyclist: Comes with AMA membership, blah blah
CycleWorld: will drop it
Roads: Comes with Kawasaki Good Times membership, a big ad

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I sent an email to Road Runner tonight, thanking them for adding the Scooter touring section. I'm sure they'll get "flame mail" from more than one motorcycle rider, so I wanted to give them positive feedback.

Gave me a chance to plug Scootercade and BurgmanUSA.com too. :wink:

·
Registered
728 Posts
mags

I saw on here in another post, someone , either from europe or Australia was talking about a magazine totally dedicated to scooters. I wanted to subscribe, but they only posted in euro $$. Does anyone know of this magazine? How to go about ordering it?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Re: mags

wilder days said:
I saw on here in another post, someone , either from europe or Australia was talking about a magazine totally dedicated to scooters. I wanted to subscribe, but they only posted in euro $$. Does anyone know of this magazine? How to go about ordering it?
Hi

Well TwistNGo is a really great magazine for scooters, but it is not exclusively about maxi scoots and to be honest the bulk of the magazine is aimed at the smaller machines.

They do supply to the US and Canada and their subscription rates are 12 issues (£50/$US90), 24 issues (£86.4/$US 155) - these rates obviously cover postage.

To be honest though, you may be better off with a magazine native to your shores, European magazines cover scooters you will either never see or ain't interested in PLUS the advertisements are in the main for gear you may not wish to pay the shipping for! :)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Thanks for the info. Thanks, Norman, for the prices. Yes, thats WAY too expensive for me. So I'll go with the other two that were mentioned above.
This is just another reason why this forum is so great.
I don't have a burgie yet....looking at next spring for an '05.
want to get all the scoop ahead of time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts