Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
That sucks, sorry to hear. For sure check the Signal fuse to the left of the glove box. My first thoughts are battery or charging system. Having voltage is different than current to run stuff.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
LeDude said:
Problem solved... it was the 15 Amp turn signal fuse, I somehow managed not to see the rupture inside it.

that was a very expensive little fuse at $135.00, the tow truck guy was great though.
Glad you found the fuse and know where the problem is now. Actually that tow bill is quite cheap compared to mine years ago on a Saturday ride to Kennedy Meadows with a group when I hit a pothole splitting my front rim open. The tow bill was $410 from the Black Rock Ranger Station to Ridgecrest. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8939

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
LeDude said:
Funny part is that after I broke down I took my tablet out and started reading past threads and knew that the turn signal fuse was the main culprit.

One thing that threw me off a bit is that when you switch to the park position, the turn signals will work individually or in tandem when you use the hazard button.
Sounds like the prudent choice for anyone experiencing the problem, when in doubt swap it out.

In the park lamp position the ignition switch uses a different feed for the lights probably by design so if other stuff failed park/hazards would still work.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
A fuse blowing is a symptom not a failure. Fuses do not blow for no reason, they are telling you there is a problem. Unless you find it and repair it the problem will only get worse. I know intermittent shorts can be a PITA but at least you don't have as many places to look on a bike vs a car. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.