Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Burgman 650. The right brake light and right rear turn signal don’t work and I’m not sure why.

Both bulbs are good.
Checked the fuse panel and don’t see any fuses that are blown.
Both brake levers work and activate the left brake light.
Both front turn signals work. The right one blinks fast (of course) since its the only one getting power when activated.

My question is what would cause both of them to be out? Could it be the turn signal relay next to the fuses? I’m not too familiar with electricals or the Burgman’s writing harness in general so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Seem to remember that I had this problem many years ago and it transpired that there's a plug buried under the battery that had somehow become disconnected. Memory a bit hazy; as I said, it was a long time ago.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seem to remember that I had this problem many years ago and it transpired that there's a plug buried under the battery that had somehow become disconnected. Memory a bit hazy; as I said, it was a long time ago.
Thank you! I’ll check that area out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a connector under the rear cover that is known to corrode pull the cover off and give it a once over.
I gave a light once over when I checked the bulbs but my next that was to go through and look at it all in greater detail. I’ll keep an eye out for the connector. Thank you!

·
Registered
240 Posts
My experience with several vehicles is that a ground wire has disconnected. Check that there is power to the bulb socket by using a known good ground connection, then find where the disconnect is. It often involves corrosion. Hope this makes sense; I'm just blurting it out as I try to get back to work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My experience with several vehicles is that a ground wire has disconnected. Check that there is power to the bulb socket by using a known good ground connection, then find where the disconnect is. It often involves corrosion. Hope this makes sense; I'm just blurting it out as I try to get back to work.
That definitely makes sense I hadn’t thought to try that. I’ll definitely give it a go. Thank you!

·
Administrator
20,225 Posts
Your best friend when doing electrical troubleshooting. Clamp on the battery Neg lug and then use the sharp point to probe connectors. You are looking for power this way. To look for bad grounds see next post below.

Test Light.jpg

·
Administrator
20,225 Posts
Then to check for bad grounds, clamp on to the PoS lug and probe ground connectors.

Reactions: Rusty J
1 - 9 of 9 Posts