Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turn 54 this month and for the past year I have been riding my little Honda Metropolitan to work. I live 3.2 miles from my work place but have to go through stop and go traffic in a 45mph zone. My Honda just could not keep up with the flow and I got tired of the fools riding my bumper. I wanted to up grade to a Honda Refex. My Significant Other said to pick one out for my birthday. I'm a woman and only 5'5" and thought the Reflex 250 would be all the bike I could handle. David, the sales person, showed me the HOnda but also asked if I looked at the Burgman 400. I told him I would not even consider something that big. Besides, the Reflex was only $5000 and the Burgman would be out of our price range. He wanted me to take a look at the dark sparkley Blue Burgman. I said ok, I'll look but I'm set on the HOnda. The Burgman was a Beauty. It was manufacturedt 11/03 and had 0 miles. David then gave me a quote of $5100. "I can't handle something that big" was my reply. Anyway, to make a long story short. He had me test drive. I could handle it just fine. My Honey bought it for my birthday. Now I'm the proud owner of a Burgman 400. I rode it all weekend, in and out of traffic and on the highway. It handled well in traffic and on the long stretch county back roads. Today I rode it to work for the first time and had no problems going with the flow. I showed it off to my coworkers. Two coworkers, one male and one female are going this weekend to inquire about getting one for themselves. I never thought I could do it. My Burgman is a confidence builder. :D :D

·
Registered
969 Posts
Welcome to the fold, Linda. As another recent 'recruit', I understand the smiles.

Ride safe.

8)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Welcome to the forum Linda. I can really read the enthusiasim in your post. It's also good to hear you refer to the 400 as a confidence builder. YOU GO GIRL :!:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey Linda. Welcome to the forum! And welcome to the Burgman world. I am new to it also, but loving it so far. Now if the weather would cooperate here. :? Enjoy your bike, and enjoy the forum. Great bunch of people here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weather here in Big Bend area great for riding.

Here in the Tallahassee, Fla. area mornings are in 40s and afternoon in low 70's. Great for riding. Thinking of going down to Panacea for some of that great fresh seafood. Will be a nice ride.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congradulations Linda on your new bike. I have a new 650 and I'm looking out the window at great big snow flakes coming down. How I envey you.

·
Registered
194 Posts
LINDA NORTH

HI LINDA,

IM 46 IN MAY AND BOUGHT A BURGMAN LAST AUG...FIRST TIME RIDER FOR ME, GOT A 400 AND LOVE IT.....MY HUBBY SUPPORTED IT ALL THE WAY.......WISH HE RODE TOO, BUT HE DOESN'T......I KNOW I WILL FIND SOMEONE TO RIDE WITH IF IT KILLS ME :) HEHEHEHEHEH DIANA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts