Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I plan to leave for the Black Hills in South Dakota. My second scooter tour of the season. Spur of the moment thing - the weather looks like it might hold for the next few days.

The trip there is 490 miles, 7.5 hours per Mapquest. I search the web looking for inexpensive lodging. Found the Redwood Motel in Wasta, SD. Rate is $35 per night. Distance from the Black Hills is approximately 40 miles, so it is a reasonable launch point. Reserved a room for two nights.

On Tuesday I plan to ride around the Black Hills. Don't know yet if I'll seek out or avoid the regular tourist attractions - depends on road conditions, tourist traffic, etc. I'll probably try to get some advice from the locals.

Wednesday I'll have to decide whether to head back home or stay 1 more day. Weather forecast will be key to that decision, as well as how my heine is holding up. If I stay, the second decision will be whether to return to the Black Hills, or drop South to tour the Badlands. Again, I'd ask the locals for input.

The trip out, and the trip back, will be the two longest mileage days for me so far on the Burgman 650. It will also be the first tour with the smaller OEM windshield back on the scoot, and the new Shoei Z-Two helmet. Be interesting to see if the Clearview XXL goes back on when I get home - or not.

I'll give a report when I get back.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah, but if I bring Dunkin Donuts Coffee, you might wait until 10am! Then I'd only have to do 106 miles an hour!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts