Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd share this video I made when my daughter and I rode through the Christmas lights last night, I know there are many that love the lights =-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOW59wTOwdc

So much better riding through on the burgman, you feel more into it all.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I went riding down Gulf Boulevard along the beach last Thursday night and some of the displays were absolutely amazing, Thanks for the video!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love Christmas lights. One of my favorite things about this time of year.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'll bet both of you have a great time, Liam! We have similar places here in Tampa; I think I'll make a point to go riding through a few of them this week. Haven't actually seen them in years.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://www.in-and-around-los-angeles.com/candy-cane-lane.html

One of my groups is doing this ride next weekend. I don't normally do these, but I think I've been convinced here to grab my 11 year old granddaughter and take her for a ride with grandpa, go see the lights.
She will love it!
This is a farm that does this, so part of riding through is getting to see / pet the animals including a few live reindeer to. But being out on the bike you got to hear the animals to. They didn't mind the burgman at all, but no loud bikes though which upset quite a few bikers at the gate when they let us in. His reason was more than valid though, he said those loud pipes scare the animals.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Last week, went with an area scooter group through a nearby neighborhood with elaborate displays. Some of our bikes were decorated for the season (including one with a red-nosed, aviator-capped illuminated reindeer apparently towing it). My 650 was almost too big for the stop-and-go traffic jam there, but I was glad of both the wind coverage and room to store my cold-weather gear when we parked at the ride's final destination. Good times!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
looks awesome, just curious if they each one pay their own bill or they hook up to the public electricity lines? looks like a big load for a regular home.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'll bet both of you have a great time, Liam! We have similar places here in Tampa; I think I'll make a point to go riding through a few of them this week. Haven't actually seen them in years.
I'm gonna do it. Talked to her this evening and she's excited. Although I've picked her up from school (her friends are always impressed with that) and a few little round town rides, I've never taken her on one of my group rides. She'll finally see why I go out every weekend with my friends.

Now we just have to convince her mom... Dum, dum, dum, dum, dum....

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks awesome, just curious if they each one pay their own bill or they hook up to the public electricity lines? looks like a big load for a regular home.
It's a family owned farm, so I assume they just share the bill. They ask 5 dollars to ride through so I bet that covers alot of it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm gonna do it. Talked to her this evening and she's excited. Although I've picked her up from school (her friends are always impressed with that) and a few little round town rides, I've never taken her on one of my group rides. She'll finally see why I go out every weekend with my friends.

Now we just have to convince her mom... Dum, dum, dum, dum, dum....
LOL... The mom is a tough one to convince. My wife has never minded them riding with me, she knows I'll keep them safe :)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
LOL... The mom is a tough one to convince. My wife has never minded them riding with me, she knows I'll keep them safe :)
Funny part is, I rode her older brother since he was six. Took him all over, even MC hangouts. But the girl... Now that's precious cargo. Her mom is WAY more strict with her riding on back. Could not ride till she was nine. No freeways, no major streets, side streets only, straight from school to home, etc, etc. But the boy... Just don't break him...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts