Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my bike today and I noticed that a vast majority of riders would acknowlodge me with a nod. After thinking about it for a while I realised that this has been the form of greeting here in Edmonton that I have been exposed to since I began riding a couple of weeks ago.

And yes, before any one asks, I do lead a very simple life :)

When reading the boards of other Burgermiesters from different parts of the world they all seem to great fellow riders in different ways.

The purpose of this post is to suggest that the area of the world that you are currently riding in will dictate how you greet fellow riders on the road.

Now, does this theory hold any water or am I smoking prairie oysters :?:

·
Registered
969 Posts
AlexR said:
Now, does this theory hold any water or am I smoking prairie oysters :?:
Probably.

:? :wink:

Steve

Gear up!

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Yup prairie oysters - smokin THOSE THINGS will....

:D

Your post made me think back to the days when CB radios "were cool" (and, may I add - I think that they still are.)

I went across the country (a few times) with one of them things and for sure the "protocol" changes from region to region. So I think that it would be natural for salutation style to change also from place to place.

You shake the trees and Ill rake the leaves!
Shiney side up an the dirty side down!
10-4 GOOD BUDDY.

That "good buddy" part really caused "a thing" once i found myself out of the southeast...

Oh man! SNAP! - I am starting to think of smokey (heh 8) ) and the bandit stuff! "...we gotta loong way ta go, and a short time to get there..."

DOE!
:oops:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for agreeing Pete :D

I knew there was an international conspiricy go'in on, and it involves truckers as well :shock:

As to the prairie oysters, maybe I shoulda said smoked prairie oysters instead of smoking prairie oysters. Difinitly taste better :wink:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Well I never gave it much thought. But down here a lot of people will give you a nod.
And here I thought it was an outbreak of hick-cups :)

·
Registered
611 Posts
I wave if I can safely lift an arm. Otherwise I'll give the hand still on the handgrip wave - or just the nod. It depends on road conditions for me.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Randy said:
Not to mention the right foot on the brake, left foot on gearshift.
Shor do keep them ocupido :lol:
What's holding them up? :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Rick - :D

It's a guess really. :)

A sideglance to our armchair pro... hang in there. it is may now, but i thought about ya today. here tiz....you may "hit similar" bumps...

My DMV "tester" thought i was being held up by some sort of magnetic levitation or something. she was amazed that i could sit there and jocky (while i was running out of time with the cone weave thing) and not "dob." she even said so when we went back into the office....sumpthin like (and it was a bit weird cause she was so loud about it) - "...ive never seen anything like it! i hadda tester out there today that just stopped still! he defied gravity! it was wierd! bla bla bla..." - then she went back to get coffee ana doughnut - whilst i waited for the rest of the bureaucrats to shuffle the (my) stuff thru.

I LOVE having almost everything at my fingertips. Don't hafta fob-nob around with nothing. just stop and go. hardest part is getting the stopping part ratio-thing down pat.

Rick - it IS May! U may want to re-adjust that by-line signature you soontabecruisin dude! :D

thats ok that it is blue. like my dad told me - id rather drive a buick than a cadillack! 8)

any word yet?

p

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Pete said:
Rick - :D

Rick - it IS May! U may want to re-adjust that by-line signature you soontabecruisin dude! :D

thats ok that it is blue. like my dad told me - id rather drive a buick than a cadillack! 8)

any word yet?p
Not yet! :cry:
I passed along to my dealer the news that Alburg got his on Saturday last.
So their antenna should be up! :wink:

Byline adjusted! :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts